Performs all accounting functions, oversees accounting systems, control procedures, audits. CPA preferred; 5 year accounting degree; 6+ years’ experience finance dept. responsibilities; very strong audit prep and generally accepted accounting principles;
non-profit prior experience a plus; able to be bonded; current valid driver’s license.
- schedule financial transactions, maintain financial records, prepare budgets
- use of accounting software for journal entries
- document business transactions
- track inventory, assets, calculate depreciation
- prepare financial statements, interpret financial position, present financial information
- process payroll, maintain payroll records
- reconcile bank accounts, maintain accounts
- administer tuition assistance and scholarships, monitor tuition management, donations, pledges of fund raising programs,
- track costs of capital projects
- compile data and coordinate audits
- formulate policies and procedures, observe safety and security, appropriate guidelines
- safeguards confidential information, security of computers, files, equipment, etc.
- assist leadership and others
- minimal supervision of assistant
Requires analytical thinking and problem solving; excellent communication and interpersonal, planning and organizing skills; ethical; professional; focus on teamwork, quality, thoroughness; dependable.
Outstanding benefits: health, dental, vision, long term disability, and life insurances, 403b and pension plan, tuition benefits.