Job Type: Full-Time, Salary, Exempt
Supervisor: Vice President of Finance
Supervisory Responsibility: Administrative Assistant, Accounts Manager, Missionary Remittance, Accounts Payable, Healthcare Claims Specialist, Missionary Expense Reports, and AMP Finance Coordinator
Mission/Vision: To make disciples among every people group on earth by sharing the story of hope we in Jesus Christ, building communities of faith and serving the world with love.
Job Summary: The Director of Missionary Finance leads the Missionary Finance team and is responsible for the overall function of missionary finance including supporting ABWE’s missionaries in the areas of finances, benefits, retirement program,
support requirements, and expense reporting. Additionally, the Director of Missionary Finance is responsible for training and educating missionaries in ABWE financial policies and procedures and for developing and managing a team. The Director of Missionary
Finance is encouraged to visit the mission field in order to understand and meet the needs of our missionaries.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Leads and manages and the overall function of Missionary Finance including the supervision and development of the Missionary Finance team.
• Evaluates and enhances financial policies for missionaries (support requirements; expense reporting; compensation, benefit, and retirement programs).
• Trains and educates missionaries in ABWE financial policies and procedures including teaching and speaking at Candidate Seminar, Field Prep Seminar, and other events.
• Communicates and corresponds via email with missionaries regarding support, financial policies, retirement policies, taxes and benefits.
• Collaborates with the Information Systems department and vendors to develop and implement technical solutions that will improve and streamline Missionary Finance operations.
• Manages the compensation, benefit, and retirement program for missionaries.
• Oversees field accounting.
• Supports the President’s Office, VP of Finance, and Development team with financial reports and other missionary metric reports.
• Prepares and presents items for Board and Finance & Audit Committee review.
• Performs other duties or special projects as required or as assigned.
• The Director of Missionary Finance will have the minimum of at least 5-7 years of experience in a related field and at least 3-5 years of supervisory experience.
• Education: A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business, HR, or a related field.
• Working knowledge of accounting principles, tax issues, and legal compliance issues in non-profit settings.
• Joy-filled faith rooted in Jesus Christ
• Excellent communication ability including public speaking/presentation, interpersonal and written skills.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Skill and experience in examining, developing, restructuring, and recommending financial policies and procedures.
• A collaborative and flexible style with a strong service mentality.
• A hands-on manager with integrity.
• Strong commitment to developing team members.
• Strong computer skills including intermediate knowledge of MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PPT
• Detail-oriented and organized. Exhibits great time management.
• Able to maintain information and documents that are highly confidential in nature.
• Takes initiative and anticipates needs.
• Exhibits sound judgment.
Christian Life: As an employee of ABWE you are an important member of a Christian organization. All staff members are Christian missionaries and are required to participate in chapel services. Because of the nature of our ministry it is
absolutely necessary that you possess and maintain a lifestyle that is above reproach.
All ABWE employees must:
1. Be a current and active member and/or regular attendee of a local, like-minded church.
2. Be able to fully support ABWE's mission, vision, core values, doctrinal statement, and ministry philosophy.
3. Be a participant in morning staff prayer time.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations, including long periods of time sitting at a desk. The work environment is representative and typical of similar
jobs in comparable organizations. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time; talk or hear; perform fine motor, hand and finger skills in the use of a keyboard, telephone, or writing. The employee
is frequently required to stand; walk; and reach with arms and/or hands. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will spend their time in an office environment with a moderate
to high noise level. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Dated: July 2015
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: In order to be considered for this position, do not apply through this website. Please send the following items to email@example.com. In the subject line of the email, include your name and the position.
• Resume and cover letter
• One-page testimony including the name of your local church
• Salary requirements
Visit www.abwe.org/jobs for more information.
ABOUT ABWE: ABWE was founded in 1927 as a ministry dedicated to fulfilling the command of Christ by sending out missionaries to take the good news of salvation to the ends of the earth.
Dr. Raphael Thomas, a graduate of Harvard Medical College, heard D.L. Moody challenge students to obey the command of Christ to take the gospel to every ethnic group. He committed his life to that cause and became ABWE’s first missionary.
Through the years, ABWE has partnered with more than 4,000 like-minded, baptistic churches to serve 1,000 missionaries serving in more than 60 countries around the world. Our International Administration and Training Center located near Harrisburg, PA employs
close to 100 full-time and part-time staff members.