A well-respected / high quality Christian non-profit organization hiring a CFO to allow the Directors to continue to expand the organization. The Executive Director was a field missionary himself for over 10 years so he truly understands the commitments,
challenges and intricacies of working with missionaries spread around the globe. They have a very enjoyable environment with many employees having been there 10 to 20 years. They hope to find someone that will believe in their mission and help them move forward.
The CFO will manage a small staff consisting of a Controller, Staff Accountant, and a donor clerk, reporting both to the Executive Director and Director of Personnel. This role will be directly responsible for budgeting, forecasting, modeling and investment
duties. This position will be responsible for the overall health of the organization, and working with the Directors to ensure that happens.
- Handle all financial, investment, accounting, audit, insurance, assets, and tax matters that affect the organization
- Establish and monitor reporting on corporate, individual, and partnership budgets, including periodic reports to the Board of Directors
- Manage relationships with investment advisors and monitor results, making recommendations to the Directors on best options for balancing risk and return
- Assure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and GAAP
- Manage contracts, non-personnel legal matters, and physical assets
- Collaborate with other senior leaders to assure the success of the organizational goals
- Create a continued culture of collaboration, accountability, and mutual support
- Bachelors Degree - CPA a plus
- 10+ years of applicable experience
- Non-profit organization experience highly preferred
- Microsoft Office skills with an Excel emphasis
- Proven communication skills