This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Network Engineer/Systems Administrator
West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
Date Posted: 02/24/2006
Job Type: Full-Time
ETC in West Palm Beach is currently seeking an IT Specialist primarily working in network and systems administration. This is a great opportunity to work for an established and growing company with the latest high tech electronics. ETC specializes in custom home theaters, A/V, Home Networking, Telephone, and Security Systems for high end residential clients in South Florida. We offer competitive salary and good benefits.
The Computer and networking specialist will manage and engineer installation and service of client networks and computer systems. The individual will also be responsible for maintain the office servers and daily IT issues.
* 2+ years experience in installing and administering networks based on Windows 2000 and 2003 Server including Active Directory
* 2+ years experience in installing, maintaining, and supporting Windows 2000 Professional and XP Professional Workstations
* 3+ years troubleshooting, repairing, and maintaining Intel-based Personal Computers
* Familiarity with TCP/IP, HTML, POP3/SMTP, DNS
* Ability to configure and trouble shoot networking hardware, routers, switches, firewalls
* Explain computer-related sales and service options to clients
* Advanced communication and people skills
* Must be able to safely lift 50 pounds maximum of equipment. (This includes computers, monitors, etc.)
* Working knowledge of DSL and cable modem installations
* Experience with Microsoft SQL Server
* Knowledge of Microsoft Sharepoint Services
* Local Candidates Preferred