The Regional Mobilizer will work to establish and implement a strategy to mobilize cross-cultural workers to join World Team by focusing on a specific region of the country. The Regional Mobilizer will network and build relationships with likeminded church leaders, university faculty, individuals and students that desire to reach the nations with the gospel of Jesus.
We are looking for candidates from these areas of focus: Chicago/Midwest, Los Angeles/Southern California, or Dallas/South Central regions. We are looking for someone residing in a focus area with a strong desire to mobilize people to cross-cultural ministry through World Team. Having connections to the local missions community (colleges, seminaries and churches) is a plus.
Organizational skills, administrative competence, and strong interpersonal skills are important to this role. The ideal candidate has the capacity to represent World Team to those investigating their Great Commission call, coach them in their search and assist them in moving through next steps in the decision making process that leads to attending RACE or to pursue a short-term opportunity with World Team.
The Regional Mobilizer should be a mature Christian with some exposure to missiological principles. Cross-cultural experience and higher education are beneficial. S/he has a passion for missions and is in agreement with World Team’s statement of faith and able to sign both the Global and US Policy Manuals.
The ideal candidate has:
- 1-3 years’ experience in mobilizing or similar networking background
- Strong networking and collaborative leadership skills
- Solid communication skills
- Proven ability to multitask, meet deadlines, and work independently as well as collaboratively
- Willingness to work nights and some weekends as needed
- Willingness to travel two to three times a year to the Warrington PA office
- Willing to travel outside of their region as needed
- Active membership in a local church, to include accountability groups and/or a discipleship relationship
The Regional Mobilizer is directly accountable to the Mobilization Manager.
Mobilizers work on a team to meet goals, recruit target audiences, cast a vision for missions for large and small audiences, and create mobilization opportunities/networks. Regional Mobilizers will:
- Develop and foster networking relationships (instructors, students, church leaders/members, graduates, organizations, WT alums, appointees, gatekeepers, etc.) within assigned Regional Hub to build a referral/social network that engages people with World Team
- Create, schedule and conduct presentations, as well as generate leads through events to further develop World Team’s mobilization network in your Regional Hub
- Follow up with new contacts by implementing the defined recruitment/discipleship cycle and decision making process to achieve recruitment goals. Maintain acceptable performance in key areas, including contacts per week/month, presentation rate, lead-to-conversion ratio, and event lead conversion
- Talk with potential candidates to ensure that interested candidates submit the documentation necessary for candidacy programs according to established deadlines
Specifically, the Regional Mobilizer will:
- Develop and maintain a strong World Team presence in Regional hub and away hubs as assigned
- Recruit new workers through the implementation of the recruitment/discipleship cycle and decision making process
- Build relationships with key gatekeepers in their Regional and away hub
- Other duties as assigned
- Plan for and participate in one short-term cross-cultural trip of 6+ people per year
The Regional Mobilizer will be responsible for the following in their Regional hub:
- 4-5 selected churches working closely with the regional mobilizer
- 2-3 selected schools working closely with the regional mobilizer
- 5-6 selected gatekeepers working closely with the regional mobilizer
- Each Mobilizer has a goal of mobilization 11 people each fiscal year to World Team
The Regional Mobilizer role is a paid, full-time position.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Vice President of CommunicationForum of Christian Leaders
- Lisle, Illinois
- December 8
Missionary-English Teacher in JapanShukugawa Bible Church
- Nishinomiya-shi, Hyogo
- December 7
House Parent for Youth ShelterFairbanks Youth Advocates
- Fairbanks, Alaska
- December 7
Assistant Program Director for YouthFellowship House of South Camden
- Camden, New Jersey
- December 2
5 Kindergarten Teachers in ChinaAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- December 2
World Team is an interdenominational Christian mission agency with more than 350 workers sharing the Gospel in 29 countries. We place innovative teams among unreached peoples with a goal of seeing disciples brought into communities of faith that will multiply and impact the world for Jesus Christ. More...