Christian Children's Home of Ohio is seeking an Art Therapist (LSW) for its residential campus to utilize art to improve and enhance the physical, mental and emotional well-being of children and adolescents. Using the creative process involved
in artistic self-expression, the art therapist will help clients to resolve conflicts and problems, cope with traumatic events from the past, develop interpersonal skills, manage behavior, reduce stress, increase self-esteem and self-awareness and achieve
This Full or Part Time salaried position includes counseling individuals, couples and families, facilitating groups, and providing clients with services to meet their needs. The Clinical Team is the lead of the treatment component of each resident's stay.
This includes, but is not limited to: TLC curriculum, sensory integration work, parts work, trauma themes, post-traumatic growth and resiliency, systems theory, family programming mental health assessments, outcomes, inventories and data collection, individual
and group therapy, individual and group CPST activities, and overall treatment coordination within CRC and each client's community of origin. Treatment programming is to occur within a trauma sensitive and informed culture.
Master's degree (M.A.) or equivalent strongly preferred; Licensure (LSW, LISW, LPCC, LPC)
required; or four to ten years relatedexperience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: It is the responsibility of each employee to be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ and to adhere to the Standard of Moral Conduct and Statement of Faith. Further, each employee is responsible for
dealing with others with a Christ-like attitude and for demonstrating behaviors reflecting CCHO's core values.
Additional essential duties include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Collects, organizes, and analyzes information about individuals, couples, and families through records, tests, interviews, and professional sources, to appraise their interests, aptitudes, abilities and personality characteristics, to provide appropriate
therapeutic interventions in the client(s) best interest.
- Facilitates group session, individual sessions and family sessions.
- Assists individuals to understand and overcome past trauma and find hope and insight into their present and future dreams and goals.
- Provide well written documentation on all clients to include the minimum of mental health assessments, individual service plans, discharge summaries, progress notes and recommendations when necessary within 30 days of intake/discharge.
- Provide 20 hours of direct client contact per week, turning in the required progress notes no later than the following Monday at 5:00 pm.
- In collaboration with the quality mental health specialist, aids clients in making and carrying out all objectives in accordance with level expectations and treatment plan.
- Develops and maintains appropriate records on clients.
- Attends 10/20 day service planning meetings and other meetings as required to support and give input in the client's best interest.
- Participates in various assigned committees.
- Participate in the Administrative on call rotation.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Master's degree (M.A.) or equivalent strongly preferred; Licensure (LSW, LISW, LPCC, LPC) required; or four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedure, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability
to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract
and concrete variables.
COMPUTER SKILLS: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office, database software and internet.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must have a valid driver's license and be insurable to drive agency fleet.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to run (up to quarter mile) walk, sit and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; use hands to fingers, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb
or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Additionally, the employee may need to place a residential client in a restraint
for the safety of the client, the employee and others.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those and employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; fumes or airborne particles and outside whether conditions. The noise in the environment is usually moderate.
Applicants must be 21 and have valid driver's license and reliable transportation. References, background checks and drug screenings will be completed on all potential candidates. EOE.