The Exec Vice President of Technology will be responsible for accomplishing our Mission, Vision and reflecting our Core Values as the leader in the development of FCA technology. The EVP will work closely with field leadership and National
Support Center staff to develop a clear vision and strategic plan for the use of technology in the ministry of FCA.
Strategic Leadership of FCA Technology
Develops and implements a strategic information technology plan to expand the impact of FCA and provide tools that enhance the effectiveness of staff.
- Communicates a clear vision and plan for the role of technology in the ministry of FCA.
- Leads the Executive Team, field leaders and NSC staff in the development of the strategic technology plan, processes and systems that impact ministry performance.
- Organizes and leads a group FCA field staff to provide input into the development of technology.
- Works with NSC departments to improve productivity through the application of new technologies.
- Leads the development, testing and implementation of new technology applications.
- Identifies current and future trends in technology and their application to FCA.
Management of IT Staff and FCA Technology
- Leads and develops the FCA Technology Staff.
- Provides for the ongoing leadership and training for FCA technology staff.
- Ensures the Support Services staff is properly trained on all aspects of FCA Technology.
- Oversees the implementation of new technology applications to enhance the FCA ministry.
- Leads all hardware and software development, testing, implementation and evaluations.
- Develops training and implementation plans for new technology.
- Operation and maintenance of Technology infrastructure and applications.
- Ensures the FCA technology infrastructure is properly maintained, updated and operational.
- Continually evaluates system performance and take necessary action to enhance performance.
- Develops and implements appropriate backup systems and disaster recovery plans.
- Ensures FCA’s technology adheres to laws and regulations such as COPPA/CAN-Spam as well as industry regulations such as PCI.
- Performs software upgrades as necessary.
- Develops accurate reporting of key ministry metrics (KTV, financial, etc.).
- Develops and implements a strategic plan for FCA Digital Ministry to expand the impact of FCA.
- Develops and implements social media strategies that engage and retain FCA constituents (coaches, athletes, volunteer donors, etc.).
- Works with communications to develop a strategy to communicate FCA stories, articles and updates across all platforms.
Serving the Staff
- Sets the example for serving staff.
- Regularly seeks input from field staff on the effectiveness and performance of FCA Technology.
- Maintains computer and mobile device purchase program for FCA staff.
- Prepare annual budget for FCA technology.
- Manage expenses in line with budget.
- Develop long term plan and budget for expansion of FCA Technology.
- Manage development of new applications within approved budget.
- Continue to grow as a follower of the Lord Jesus Christ and a servant leader for FCA
- Spend daily time in prayer and in the Word.
- Model servant leadership.
- Pursue Integrity, Serving, Teamwork and Excellence both privately and publicly.
- Serve as a member of a local church.
- Sharpen skills through continued learning.
- Foster a coachable, approachable, humble spirit.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related experience.
- Minimum of 10 years work experience in all phases of technology operations, development, and implementation within an organization that supports field staff.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in managing enterprise technology departments.
- Experience with technologies and principles based on Microsoft Technology Stack.
- Experience with various cloud-computing platforms and hosting services including but not limited to: SaaS, DaaS, IaaS, PaaS, Azure, Amazon, Rackspace, and Blackbaud CRM/CMS.
- Experience working within large BYOD environments and best practices.
- Provides oversight and guidance related to vendor management and API integrations.
- General knowledge of the software development life-cycle and developing device agnostic applications at the enterprise level.
- Provides innovative methods of communicating critical technology and information systems to field staff and other constituents.
- Ability to communicate, inspire and motivate staff.
- Ability to think strategically and tactically about the application of technology to the ministry and the ability to manage multiple activities simultaneously.
- Maintains healthy relationships with vendors.
Chief Administrative Officer