The Director of Development works with the CEO and President in implementing EvanTell's development strategy to acquire the resources necessary to fulfill our mission. The Director of Development reports to the President and must have a passion for people putting their trust in Christ and entering into a relationship with Him.
Responsibilities and Duties
1. Oversees the Development Plan for the ministry. Lead staff, volunteers, vendors and contractors who assist on development initiatives.
2. Works with the Board of Directors and staff to maximize the use of their time and contacts for development with input from the Development Committee.
3. Assists in implementing communication plans to enhance visibility and increase participation.
4. Meets with donors face to face and develops relationships with those who could become significant donors through meetings and phone calls.
5. Identifies potential development opportunities through foundations and grants.
6. Oversees all fundraising events and development communications.
7. Keeps informed of trends in philanthropy and fund development.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
Personal /Spiritual - Effectively work with and communicate the mission and vision of EvanTell to a wide range of people. Willingness to grow spiritually and be well versed in EvanTell's core values and development philosophy.
Organizational – Planning, organizing, and managing with a servant leadership mindset.
Relational - Strong networking skills, someone who may not "know everybody" but has the strategic thinking and operating ability to devise strategies that will lead EvanTell into relationships with previously untapped networks.
Communication- Possess outstanding communication skills, both written and oral.
Christ-centered stewardship, philanthropy and development.
Traditional and emerging fundraising strategies.
Social Media and Digital Communication Platforms.
Microsoft Office Tools.
Make new acquaintances and develop relationships.
Excite people about EvanTell's purpose and goals.
Put people at ease and make them feel welcome and appreciated. Adjust easily to interruptions.
Handle multiple tasks with hard deadlines.
Deal with people with tact and respect.
Receive and respond to criticism well.
Handle confidential matters.
Education and Experience
Position requires a minimum of a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. Significant experience in nonprofit fundraising and development management or sales/marketing management or related field. While non-profit development experience is preferred, we are open to helping the candidate grow into the job.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Vice President of CommunicationForum of Christian Leaders
- Lisle, Illinois
- December 8
Chief Development OfficerForgotten Children Worldwide
- Bluffton, Indiana
- December 8
Director of DevelopmentChapterNext
- Chicago, Illinois
- December 6
Development OfficerDream Centers of Colorado Springs
- Colorado Springs, Colorado
- December 5
5 Kindergarten Teachers in ChinaAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- December 2
EvanTell ensures that more people hear the gospel in more and more places every day through declaring the gospel clearly and simply, activating believers around the world, and preparing upcoming generations to reach the lost. More...