Christian Children's Home of Ohio (CCHO) is seeking 2 part-time Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) for Pharmacological Management for the Children’s Residential Center at our Wooster, Ohio campus – evenings and weekends.
***Experience working with children in a nursing role is very important.***
Under the guidance of the RN/Pharmacological Nurse, the LPNs will be responsible provide pharmacological and other assistance to our clients in residential care. This may be through direct care, CPST activities, group or individually. LPNs may also be responsible to train direct-care staff on medication management according to CCHO policy and procedure.
Direct Client Care to include, but not limited to:
- Receive and distribute routine and LOA medications for all residential treatment units within established guidelines
- Complete assessments on residential clients within 24 hours of client being in a ESPI (hold/restraint) and document any and all findings
- Assist with completion of Communicable Disease Screen within 5 working days of intake into residential care
- Provide education to client regarding medication management, side effects and the importance of nutrition/ hygiene
- Check vital signs
- Provide simple rechecks and medication reviews with clients/ guardians
- Conduct nurse interview with client and/or parent/guardian
- Communicate med changes to the appropriate persons
Office Duty Tasks to include, but not limited to:
- Oversee nurse message line by documenting messages, returning phone calls, writing out doc message forms, and returning necessary phone calls
- Pull charts, check for needed documentation updates, prepare med som notes for doctors
- Maintain relationships with pharmaceutical reps and coordinate their contacts with the doctors and staff
- Maintain drug samples and needed documentation
- Attend regular staff meetings and weekly cottage status meetings
- Participate in case record and peer review
- On call duties within an established rotation
- Maintain MARS per established guidelines
- Maintain 25 percent productivity expectation for hours paid and/or .5 hours per week expectation per residential client
- Keep FREEMED system updated with current residential client medications
- Complete progress notes and SAL within 24 hour of service provided
- Educate and train direct care on medication management
- Counts narcotics daily and signs audit sheets for controlled substances
- Review med logs on a regular basis to ensure compliance
- Coordinate change of medication form with appropriate county
- Coordinate client medication and appointments with psychiatrist
- Coordinate medical appointments per ODJFS guidelines
- Verify any lab work received and/or outstanding orders and communicate with cottage staff about pending appointments or outstanding results
- Ensure all needed documents obtain the psychiatrist's signature and are returned to the appropriate person/department/chart
- Provide CPST services if indicated as provider on clients' ISP or Pharmacological Management Plan
- Ensure all needed documents obtain the psychiatrist's signature and are returned to the appropriate person/department/charts
Licensed Practical Nurse with a license to practice nursing in the state of Ohio. Minimum three years experience working with youth and their families in a medical setting. Valid Ohio Driver's license and maintaining a driving record that allows that individual to be insurable with the insurance company.
Applicants must be at least 21 years of age. References, background checks and drug screenings will be completed on all potential candidates. EOE. Please download application (www.ccho.org) and submit with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
ASSOCIATE DIRECTORProvidence Ministries, Inc.
- Dalton, Georgia
- September 30
Associate Director for Hispanic ministry--Alpha in a Catholic contextAlpha USA
- Phoenix, Arizona
- September 29
Work from Home-Member SpecialistAmeriplan
- Any City or State, FT & PT, Based out of, Texas
- September 27
Women's Biblical/Pastoral CounselorHis Mansion Ministries
- Hillsboro, New Hampshire
- September 26
Director of Children's MinistryStonebridge Church
- Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- September 20
Christian Children's Home of Ohio
By God's grace, Christian Children's Home of Ohio has been the hands and feet of Jesus to children and families across Ohio for 45 years. From our humble beginnings in 1969, when we operated one foster home to our expansive organization today, hundreds of deserving kids and adults are served at any given time by our professional staff of 150 employees. The organization was founded by concerned, caring individuals affiliated with the independent Christian Churches/Churches of Christ movement who wanted to bring Christ to bear More...