The HR Benefits and Safety Supervisor manages the annual benefits open enrollment and ongoing staff support, wellness, leaves of absence, worker’s compensation reporting and tracking, and safety and security for Cityteam. This includes making sure all information
is processed and tracked accurately in the HR Paycor system. This position reports to the Vice President of Human Resources. The Benefits and Safety Supervisor manages the insurance broker relationship to ensure accurate information for new hires and terminations
are processed and billed correctly. This position is also responsible for ensuring safety guidelines and reporting are occurring on a regular basis. He/she will utilize project management to make certain the action items from safety committee meetings are
being corrected and that all sites are in alignment with state and federal regulations. The Benefits and Safety Supervisor is responsible for front desk reception coverage at all times and supervises the receptionists. The Benefits and Safety Supervisor must
model Cityteam’s commitment to spiritual accountability and maturity.
Benefits and Reception 60%
- Educate and enroll eligible staff with benefit enrollments and the open enrollment process.
- Coordinate benefit information meetings and/or onboarding presentation as needed.
- Develop and implement Wellness Program with broker and other staff.
- Continue to develop and enhance Cityteam’s overall health and wellness objectives and assist employees with claim and coverage issues.
- Look for ways to maintain or reduce the overall budget for benefits and expenses.
- Monitor and coordinate on the job accidents or injuries with Worker’s Compensation broker.
- Inspire and maintain a continually high level of integrity, camaraderie, and professional competency within the Human Resources Department.
- Manage and support volunteer, summer, and holiday activities for the Human Resources Department.
- Organize the annual picnic, Christmas celebration, and other holiday events for the company.
- Responsible for service anniversary awards. Keep accurate records of eligibility and order awards in time for picnic event.
- Ensure reception area is covered and has a welcoming presentation to all that come through the doors. Ensure direct reports and temporary help are managed.
- Ensure all benefits and leave of absences are accurately communicated to payroll.
- Provide backup to HR Recruiter as needed.
- Manage all FMLA eligibility, paperwork, and ensure changes are reflected in Paycor.
- Assist and prepare Cityteam’s monthly communication material to staff.
- Provide necessary benefits training, either personally or through others as needed.
- Provide statistical reports as requested.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
Safety and Security 40%
- Conduct quarterly safety meetings.
- Supervise and maintain records of all departmental and ministry monthly safety reports.
- Participate in the preparation of emergency evacuation procedures.
- Develop, maintain, and contribute to the Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP).
- Supervise the maintenance of Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) files for all facilities.
- Ensure proper provision and maintenance of fire prevention equipment.
- Develop, coordinate, and implement a comprehensive safety program.
- Seek out cost effective safety training for the organization.
- Maintain building security and address security issues.
- Conduct periodic emergency evacuation drills.
- Train all applicable personnel on handling emergency responses to fire, hazardous materials, natural disasters and high-risk situations involving armed or dangerous people.
- Coordinate, implement, and provide personnel training for a comprehensive security program, including but not limited to personal, physical, and electronic security.
- Maintain log, records, communications, and working relationship with electronic intrusion alarm providers. Periodically explore alternative solutions to security needs.
- Maintain staff education program relative to all security needs, procedures and changes.
- Assist in the development of management systems to enhance existing processes and workflow in support of continued efficiency and effectiveness.
- Assist team in the development of project plans in support of successful delivery and completion of projects.
- Become well versed in Cityteam’s philosophy of Disciple Making Movements.
- Complete staff performance evaluations in a timely manner as requested by the Human Resources Department.
- Meet with direct reports (if any) on a regular basis to review assignments, broaden their vision, and help them to see how their responsibilities contribute to the overall success of the Human Resources Department.
Personal Donor Cultivation
- Develop, implement, and maintain a personal donor cultivation and missionary support program in accordance with a plan established annually in cooperation with the Vice President of Marketing.
- Must have a personal and consistent relationship with Jesus Christ and be active in a local body of Christians.
- Must have a compatible theology on major issues of Cityteam's Statement of Faith.
- Must be committed to serving God and the Body of Christ.
- Must have a teachable spirit and be committed to team participation.
- Must exhibit integrity in professional personal life in accordance with Cityteam’s Employee Handbook and be straightforward and not self-serving.
- Must have proven organizational skills, be detail-oriented, and committed to accurate record keeping, procedures, and documentation.
- Must be flexible and multi-tasked oriented, able to work on a variety of projects, set priorities, and work with a minimal amount of supervision.
- Must be able to meet short and long-term deadlines.
- Must have excellent writing skills.
- Must have the ability to interface with a variety of staffing levels (general to executive) as well as represent Cityteam in high exposure areas.
- Must have demonstrated in previous relationships the ability to relate to people of various cultures and social economic environments.
- Must have proven interpersonal skills and the ability to resolve conflict in a positive, healthy manner.
- Experience effectively and efficiently managing people, projects, and personal time is required.
- 2 to 3 years experience in Safety and or Benefits management required.
- Must be Knowledgeable of California labor laws.
- PHR or other equivalent training and certification desired.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and HIPPA compliance.
- Experience praying with others is desired.
- Must be willing and capable of raising and maintaining required missionary support level.