Lighthouse Christian Camp, Inc. seeks the employement of a full time director with management, organizational and leadership skills. Husband and wife team capable of organizing camps for needy children out of 14 counties in Middle Tennessee, recruiting volunteers
and staff, as well as raising funds for the faith ministry. Housing is furnished on site.
CAMP DIRECTOR/PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
The Camp Director/Program Development Officer of Lighthouse Christian Camp, Inc., must be a man who has demonstrated that he loves the Lord God with all his heart, and all his soul, and all his mind, and loves his neighbor as himself. His life should be an example to others in providing for his family, and as a godly husband and father. He must qualify in all points of I Timothy, Chapter 3, and "moreover he must have a good report of them which are without."
He must have a burden for lost souls and in every area of his duties and responsibilities, he must show genuine concern for others by being a personal soul winner and discipler for Christ.
He will carry out the mission of the organization in accordance with the word of God, the statement of faith, the mission statement, the by-laws, and the stated policies, goals, and objectives, of the president and board of directors.
As a director of the camp ministries, he will follow the leadership of the Holy Spirit in leading the ministry in the primary purpose of continuously, and aggressively, carrying out the Great Commission of Acts 1:8 which is the propagation of the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ through evangelism and discipleship. He shall be primarily responsible to Christ, the executive director, the president, and the board of directors, to carry out the administration, planning, and operation, of the camp ministries.
He will exemplify a Christ-like attitude in all his actions, and will demonstrate a deep and abiding love for children and young people, and all others associated with the ministry of Lighthouse Christian Camp. His countenance, actions, and deeds, will bear truth to James l:27. "Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world."
ACCOUNTABILITY AND SUPERVISORY CONTROLS:
He will be accountable to the Executive Director of Lighthouse Christian Camp, Inc. He will receive assignments from the Executive Director and the President in the form of a general outline of objectives, with responsibility for working in accordance with established policies and procedures. He consults with the Executive Director for advice, and decisions, on novel or complex assignments. Completed work is subject to review for propriety and adherence to criteria through staff meetings, correspondence, board meetings, occasional field inspections, and adequacy of end results. He will serve as camp pastor, director, and program development officer, under the general direction of the Executive Director.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Plan, organize, develop, and administer programs for ministry to disadvantaged children. The first priority in carrying out the duties of the position will be to reach the fatherless, abused, neglected, poor, and needy children for the Lord Jesus Christ.
2. Plan, organize, develop, and administer follow-up programs of ministry to disadvantaged children.
3. Visit the fatherless, and other disadvantaged children, in their home, foster home or institution, and develop a relationship with the parent, parents, guardian or ward for more effective follow up. Encourage and assist child in finding a local church for regular worship.
4. Develops programs and activities, and directs and leads counselors, other staff and volunteers in summer camps, retreats, and monthly meetings.
5. In the development of all programs and activities, the first priority is always the safety of the camper. Insures that all suggestions, and recommendations by counselors, staff, and volunteers, are safe for the camper before instituting that activity or program.
6. Coordinates, assists, and provides guidance and help to churches and other Christian organizations in conducting weekend retreats and day camps.
7. Serves as host to all visitors and guests who are using overnight accommodations at the camp. Insures that all guests are adhering to standards of conduct and established safety procedures and policies. Insures that all day visitors are adhering to standards of conduct, safety procedures, and policies.
8. Develops and schedules fund raising efforts, and actively seeks to establish personal relationships with others outside the ministry and be very diligent and faithful in follow up to show appreciation and thanks to all who manifest an interest in the ministry, regardless how small or great that interest or assistance.
9. Develops programs to promote the camp by taking every opportunity to share the ministry of the camp with individuals, organizations, businesses, and churches. Actively promote the camp by seeking and requesting the privilege to speak at churches, civic organizations and other meetings and gatherings.
10. Develops brochures, newsletters, videos, news articles, etc., to communicate the ministry of Lighthouse Christian Camp. Seeks opportunities to speak via radio, television, and other avenues to share the vision, mission and purpose of the ministry.
11. Provides counsel, advice, and leadership, to counselors, staff and volunteers. Trains staff and counselors in the conducting of summer camps and retreats. Exercises leadership and supervises cook and food service in the absence of the Executive Director.
12. Makes frequent inspections of all facilities and equipment in use by campers to insure the highest degree of safety. Inspects smoke alarms, fire extinguishers, electrical outlets, trails, cabins, and looks for any obstacle that could endanger the safety of a camper.
13. Insures that all buildings and equipment are safe during season for high risk of forest fires. Prepare fire breaks around all buildings and equipment, and maintain good maintenance for disposal of all leaves around buildings and equipment.
14. Makes frequent inspections of all buildings, grounds, equipment, utilities (water plant and pool), fences, livestock, and open and forested lands, to insure safe and efficient operation, adequate preventive maintenance, and to prevent misuse and encroachment by visitors and outside parties.
15. Utilizes skills in mechanical, electrical, plumbing, painting and carpentry, to perform construction and maintenance on all camp facilities. Operates equipment as necessary for road and grounds maintenance, landscaping, plantings and mowing.
16. Performs manual labor in the cleaning and maintenance of all equipment, buildings, grounds and utilities.
17. Periodically reviews and inspects each phase of the camp program, and takes necessary corrective action where deficiencies exist, and gives verbal and written reports and recommendations to the executive director, president, and the board of directors. Provides personnel under his direction with policy interpretation, and resolves problems.
18. Performs other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
- Felton, California
- October 13
Lead Food Service SpecialistCityteam
- Felton, California
- October 10
Overseas Western Chef & Dinning Facility EducatorAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- October 6
Residential Counselor for Struggling TeensHeartlight Ministries
- Hallsville, Texas
- September 15
Food Service DirectorCamp Eagle, Inc.
- Glorieta, New Mexico
- August 5