This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
IT Specialist (Sr. Programmer Analyst Architect)
World Vision International
Monrovia, California, United States
Date Posted: 10/11/2005
Job Type: Full-Time
World Vision International is an international Christian relief and development organization dedicated to helping children and their communities worldwide reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty. Our office in Monrovia, Ca is seeking an IT Specialist (Sr. Programmer Analyst - Architect) for our Information Management Group (IMG). This position does not include relocation cost. Local applicants are encouraged to apply.
The purpose of this position is to analyze, design, develop, and implement business systems solutions that enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of World Vision Internationals (WVI) global operations.
Some key requirements necessary for the success of this position are:
1. Facilitate the business problem solving process promoting effective and economical information management solutions.
2. Document defined business problems, assessing organizational impact.
3. Design systems that comply with established WVI hardware, software and network standards.
4. Develop software that satisfies documented system requirements, and adheres to design specifications previously provided.
5. Develop documentation to thoroughly and accurately describe the operation and administration of new and existing systems.
6. Develop feasibility studies and other documentation related to system alternatives and recommendations.
7. Coordinate the implementation and/or support of systems developed by WVI.
8. Analyze existing information systems and recommend appropriate enhancements.
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self education, prior work experience, or on the job training:
1. Requires a Bachelors degree in Computer Information Systems, or Computer Science, or technical training equivalent plus 6 or more years applicable experience.
2. Development experience with middle to large scale applications developed in client server or web enabled environments.
3. Significant experience with development packages including Microsofts Visual Basic and languages such as vbscript, Java, .Net, XML or HTML is essential.
4. Five years experience or more in Information System Development: Object Oriented Programming, , MTS/COM+, Relational Database design.
5. Thorough understanding of SQL language programming and significant experience in using SQL to process and present data; understanding of the entire software development life-cycle with emphasis on system design, development, and implementation.
6. Experience with Windows 2000 Operating System (client and server), installation and configuration of computer hardware and operating systems as well as installation and configuration of DBMS tools including Microsoft SQL Server 2000, Microsoft Access 2000, and Crystal Reports 8.5, 9.
7. Ability to travel internationally up to 25% of the time as needed.
For further details on the scope of responsibilities, knowledge, skills and abilities for this position, please visit our website at www.wvi.org under North America region. If you are interested in applying, please submit your resume with a cover letter, which includes salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org