This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Desire Street Academy
Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
Date Posted: 03/24/2006
Job Type: Full-Time
Desire Street Ministries is seeing a qualified individual to fill a full-time position as the Desire Street Academy Curriculum Specialist. This individual will access the Academys current curriculum needs, design a Christ-centered curriculum to address those needs and manage the implementation of said curriculum.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Design and manage the implementation of a Christ-centered junior high and high school academic curriculum with an emphasis in literacy.
2. Implement school curriculum guide.
3. Review teacher lesson plans.
4. Shepherd teachers who are new to the profession and/or Christ-centered education.
5. Coordinate professional development and professional growth plans for teaching faculty.
6. Assess students individual academic needs and develop appropriate academic plan for each student.
Applicants must have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and demonstrate leadership characterized by integrity and based on biblical Christian values. Applicants must also demonstrate in depth knowledge of the Bible and of middle and high school education.
An advanced degree in Curriculum and Instruction is preferred for candidates. Applicants must hold a Louisiana certification to teach or be willing to pursue certification in Louisiana if already certified in another state.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
1. Experience in Christ-centered education.
2. Experience in teaching students with various academic needs - ranging from remedial to talented and gifted.