Fixed Asset Accounting Assistant
Salem Media Group in Camarillo is the leading U. S. radio broadcaster targeting audiences interested in conservative NewsTalk and Christian and family-themed programming. We currently have a full time position available for a Fixed Asset Accounting Assistant.
- Maintain Project folders
- Maintain and update fixed asset purchases on a monthly basis per company policy.
- Reconcile fixed asset sub ledger to the general ledger.
- Update the fixed asset tax records in FAS on a monthly basis.
- Assist in other accounting functions as needed.
- Must have 2 years’ experience in accounting/ bookkeeping.
- Experience with fixed assets or inventory is preferred.
- Proficient in Excel
- Must be detail and number oriented.
- Knowledge of Great Plains and Sage FAS helpful.
- High School Diploma or equivalent a must.
Additional Job Functions:
- Enter new Projects into the Excel Project Schedule and Open Project Schedules
- Create and maintain new Projects folders
- Update all Fixed Asset Project transactions into the schedules from the monthly TB report.
- Enter any reclassifications as needed into Fixed Asset Project schedules.
- Reconcile the schedule balances with the general ledger in Great Plains
- Close Projects (includes assigning FA numbers, booking the assets in Great Plains and JE’s needed to close)
- Reconcile the Fixed Asset Clearing accounts.
- Enter new asset into Great Plains (includes assigning FA numbers, booking the assets in Great Plains, JE)
- Run Depreciation in Great Plains.
- Prepare and import any FA additions, disposals, transfers, or adjustments into FAS for tax accounting
- Run tax Depreciation in FAS
- Prepare monthly General Accounting files and distribute to Accountants.
- Maintain and publish updated financial statements to the Website
We offer a competitive benefit package including paid holidays, paid vacation and 401 (k).
If you possess these qualifications and Salem Media Group sounds like the company for you, please apply online at www.salemmedia.com, click on Careers to upload your cover letter, salary requirements and resume.
Salem Media Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Board Operator- Miami, FLSalem Media Group
- Miami, Florida
- October 26
Operations Manager -Louisville, KYSalem Media Group
- Louisville, Kentucky
- October 25
News Reporter-Greenville, SCSalem Media Group
- Greenville, South Carolina
- October 21
Sales Marketing Assistant-Glendale, CASalem Media Group
- Glendale, California
- October 21
Radio Sales Account Executive-Dallas, TXSalem Media Group
- Dallas, Texas
- October 19
Salem Media Group
Salem Media Group is America’s leading radio broadcaster, Internet content provider, and magazine and book publisher targeting audiences interested in Christian and family-themed content and conservative values. In addition to its radio properties, Salem owns Salem Radio Network, which syndicates talk, news and music programming to approximately 2,000 affiliates; Salem Radio Representatives, a national radio advertising sales force; Salem Web Network, a leading Internet provider of Christian content and online streaming; and Salem Publ More...