Position Title: Manager, Human Resources
Department: Human Resources
Classification: Salary, Exempt
Direct Report: Director, Executive Communications
I. Position Summary
The Manager, Human Resources will be responsible for providing advice and counsel, creative leadership, and strategic planning in all functional areas of HR. The Manager will also be responsible for programs, policies, and procedures including the maintenance of staff benefits plans (medical, dental, vision, STD/LTD, COBRA, Flexible Spending Account, HIPPA, 403 (b) retirement, etc.).
II. Essential Functions
- Develop, implement and ensure adherence to all FBA policies, practices, and procedures.
- Provide advice and counsel on HR issues as well as coaching and mentoring to staff members of all levels.
- Function as an impartial resource for staff relations, issues and concerns.
- Develop and oversee initiatives regarding performance management, talent management, and recognition programs.
- Assist departments in providing training and development opportunities for their staff members, and lead training sessions as needed.
- Implement and manage compensation structures to ensure equity and consistency in pay policies.
- Direct and manage staff benefits plans, including administration, reporting, recordkeeping, billing reconciliation, open enrollment, and analysis of new plan options.
- Serve as resource to staff for benefit-related questions and issues, and ensure effective utilization of plans and positive staff member experiences.
- Direct and manage all additional health & wellness initiatives.
- Responsible for conducting recruiting, hiring, and termination procedures.
- Conduct new staff member orientation.
- Maintain ADP/HRB database, ensuring accurate and relevant recordkeeping.
- Manage background check process, including reviewing completed reports, assisting with questions, and ensuring adherence to established criteria.
- Analyze and maintain knowledge of current HR trends, employment legislation and applicable laws to ensure church compliance.
- Partner with Security to coordinate and implement safety compliance training programs and mandatory OSHA reporting.
- Direct and manage worker’s compensation claims and FMLA claims.
- Partner with Finance department to manage additional liability insurance plans.
- Plan and manage the payroll budget and the HR budget.
- Interface with external agencies and regulatory bodies on all personnel matters and ensure accurate and timely compliance and reporting functions.
- Maintain and protect confidential and proprietary FBA information and ensure HR communications are implemented in a sensitive manner.
- Responsible for HR internal and external websites.
- Direct and manage FBA reception/switchboard.
- Establish effective relationships and networks with other churches for benchmarking and for assistance in developing solutions, programs and policies.
- To perform other duties as workload necessitates.
- Candidate must have a growing & mature, demonstrated personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources required. PHR certification preferred.
- Minimum of three-five years of strong human resources experience in all functional areas of HR.
- Previous work/volunteer experience in a religious nonprofit preferred.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of current insurance regulations, plan designs and third party record keeping/administration (including familiarity with COBRA, ERISA and FMLA).
- Previous experience administering 403 (b) retirement programs preferred.
- Effective problem analysis and resolution skills.
- Above average ability to organize, manage time and set priorities while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to be flexible and shift priorities to meet departmental requirements.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation.
- A team player with the ability to cultivate a team spirit within the department and the Church staff.
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism, integrity and confidentiality.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills as well as presentation skills essential.
- Ability to research and analyze various different types of data information.
- Ability to develop, plan, and implement ministry- and church-related, short- and long-term goals, as well as to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
IV. Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the staff member is regularly required to talk and hear. The staff member is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; taste or smell.
The staff member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color and peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Benefits & Compensation SpecialistWorldVenture
- Littleton, Colorado
- September 23
Document SpecialistFinancial Planning Ministry
- Irvine, California
- September 22
Administrative & Research Assistant-Momento DecisivoTurning Point
- Lakeside, California
- September 22
International Talent ManagementCRISTA Ministries
- Seattle, Washington
- September 21
Gift Planning AdministratorNational Christian Foundation
- Alpharetta, Georgia
- September 21
First Baptist Church Atlanta
First Baptist Church Atlanta is a diverse congregation of 15,000 members from all over the Atlanta metro area. Planted in 1848 when Atlanta was only a tiny railroad town, FBA has experienced consistent growth for more than 150 years. In 1971, Dr. Charles Stanley was called to serve as senior pastor when the church was located in downtown Atlanta at Peachtree and Fifth streets. Under Dr. Stanley’s leadership the church outgrew its building and purchased 55 acres and a building from the Avon Corporation in Dunwoody. In 1997, the congregation move More...