Responsible for achieving a minimum target of $300K-$1M, annually, through private special funding, multi-year commitments, and gift planning. Recommend donation of appreciated assets whenever possible. Build long term relationships through personal interaction
with donors on assigned list (120-150 donors), with a strong emphasis on face to face interaction, strategically used to discover, cultivate, invite, and steward donors as partners of MTI. Meet or exceed annual fund-raising goals through the cultivation of
- Plan and implement account management and moves management strategies to ensure assigned donors are cultivated toward their full giving potential. Solicit gifts from assigned major donors to meet department resource development goals: developing strategies
for discovery, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Ensure strategic contact plans are in place and implemented for top tier donors each year.
- Develop long-term relationships through personal interaction with donors on assigned account list, affirm donors, identify interests, share information on MTI’s programs, and solicit donations.
- Assist in the on-going development of best practices in engaging with donors and communicating with fundraising team.
- Consistently achieve established targets.
- Identify and develop new major gift prospects, with capacity to give over $25,000.
- Identify and cultivate planned giving prospects and refer to planned giving officer as needed.
- Develop opportunities for donors to become committed to and inspired by MTI, including: volunteer opportunities, events, vision trips, and exhibit tours and connecting with Programs staff.
- Maintain current, accessible information on assigned donors and track donor activity in MTI donor database (Microsoft Dynamics CRM). Support donor servicing needs.
- Write compelling notes or letters of thanks, solicitations, and donor reports as required.
- Support signature fundraising events by soliciting sponsorships and audience development.
- Assist with other development operations as needed.
- Attend local and regional meetings for the purpose of personal professional growth, team collaboration and relational one-to-one engagement/cultivation of donors.
- When appropriate, incorporate the use of volunteers in daily job functions.
- Keep informed of organizational announcements, activities and changes. Perform other duties as assigned.
- BA/MA in public relations, business or nonprofit management, marketing, or closely related field.
- A minimum of five years' of work experience in customer service, client management, sales/fundraising or related field or
- Three (3) years of a successful development track record with individual solicitations of $10k and above in the Portland Oregon Metro area preferred. Any equivalent combination of education and progressively responsible experience.
- Experience in raising funds from major donors in the Christian community preferred.
Must be eligible to work in the United States and possess a current visa.