Job Description:Contact Employer Apply Now
**To apply for this position please visit our website at www.medicalteams.org **
The Director of Marketing and Communications manages a team of employees and external vendors to achieve MTI’s fundraising and audience engagement objectives. This role operates in a “player/coach” model, where they orchestrate all of the activities of the team and manage team members, but they also assume primary responsibility for some specific marketing and communication functions. The responsibilities of the marketing and communications team include the following:
- Mass donors – Oversee engagement of MTI’s mass donor audience, with responsibility for overall fundraising results as well as donor retention, renewal and acquisition.
- Direct mail – Execute a direct mail program that maximizes total income and ROI
- Monthly donor program (cross-channel) – Execute a monthly donor program that spans digital and offline channels.
- Donor content (all segments) – Oversee regular creation of donor-centric content that feeds MTI’s donor communications channels including digital, direct mail and marketing collateral.
- Telemarketing – Manage telemarketing resources to strategically target income, renewal and acquisition opportunities.
- Mass donor acquisition campaigns – Develop and execute integrated campaigns that increase impact and results beyond tactical fundraising and communications activities.
- Planned giving support – Support planned giving efforts across the organization, including web content, programmatic outreach and major donor engagement.
- Digital, including web and email – In coordination with digital marketing manager, leverage digital assets to engage donors and grow revenue.
Marketing Strategy and Planning
- Marketing strategy – Build and execute an overall marketing strategy that starts with outcomes and works back to core strategies, tactics and resource allocation.
- Marketing planning – Orchestrate marketing activities across the team according to an annual plan, with updates during the year, to achieve marketing objectives.
- Marketing partnerships - Lead the marketing aspects of MTI’s industry partnerships (e.g., Integral, Global Alliance).
- Audience segmentation – Develop and implement a segmentation model that is used across the organization to structure engagement with MTI’s external audiences.
- Donor service – In coordination with the Fundraising Operations team, develop processes that provide mass donors with a superior level of service (e.g., thank-you notes, report-backs), including trigger-based communications
- Campaign planning – Develop and execute cross-channel campaigns that deepen donor engagement and increase giving.
- Church engagement strategy – Develop and execute a strategy for engaging churches including segmentation model, communications channels, content/offer strategy and success measures.
- Prayer engagement – Grow MTI’s prayer engagement channel in a way that compliments other engagement channels (giving, volunteering) and brings the power of prayer to bear on MTI’s global programs.
- Content production strategy – Develop and manage a system for sourcing, creating and publishing donor-centric content that represents MTI’s work around the world.
Branding and Communications
- Award nominations – Oversee nomination of MTI for community and industry awards, as well as award nominations for others connected to MTI (e.g., donors, volunteers, corporate partners).
- Disaster response – Lead marketing and communications functions of the integrated disaster response plan.
- Events content – Create, review and approve content support for MTI events, including speeches, videos, written collateral, communications and branded materials.
- Digital – Oversee digital marketing as part of an integrated marketing strategy in alignment with the digital marketing manager.
- Social media – Oversee social media strategy and execution in alignment with the digital marketing manager.
- Marketing collateral – Provide branded marketing collateral for use across the organization in support of MTI objectives.
- Corporate partnerships – Support all marketing and communications aspects of MTI’s corporate partnerships, including co-branded collateral, coordinated digital outreach, etc.
- PR – Create and execute MTI’s public relations and media outreach functions in coordination with external PR agencies contracted by MTI.
- Brand management – Manage MTI’s brand to shape reputation and image; produce content and execute initiatives that build MTI’s brand; enforce MTI brand standards across the organization
- Branding within MTI facilities – Work with the facilities team to build MTI’s brand equity within MTI facilities in the US and around the world, including mobile assets such as mobile dental vans.
- Video planning and production – Manage a system of video content production and usage across all donor and prospect touch points, in coordination with MTI’s field organization and specialized vendors.
- Community affairs – Ensure that MTI is represented in community activities and is a participating in key community forums in core markets (e.g., Portland, Seattle).
- Story creation at scale – Execute a system of story capture, content creation and usage of story assets that connects emotionally with supporters.
- Speakers bureau and external presentations – Support external presentations delivered through the speaker’s bureau and MTI staff with content and guidance.
- Annual report – Oversee production and distribution of compelling annual reports
- When appropriate, incorporate the use of volunteers in daily job functions.
- Manage vendors to supplement team resources and fill gaps in critical areas.
- Manage significant marketing budget through careful planning, budget allocation and spend management.
- BA or BS in related field or;
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience, additional education substituting on a year for year basis for the required experienced.
- Ten (10) years previous marketing experience with progressively increasing responsibility
- People and team management experience, with demonstrated skills in building high performance teams
- Experience engaging mass audiences (e.g., consumers, mass donors)
- Ability to create dynamic, high-performing teams
- Mentoring, coaching and growing team members
- Broad base of marketing skills covering all marketing fundamentals
- Strong initiative, self-starter, proactive decision-making
- Commitment to Medical Teams International mission statement
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously; flexible
- Ability to operate well in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to work flexible schedule and weekends occasionally
- Excellent attention to detail and commitment to excellence
- Aptitude for organizing tasks, managing time and prioritizing projects
- High levels of integrity, discretion, judgment, initiative and motivation
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Strong cross-group collaboration that engages stakeholders and ensures alignment
- Commitment to positive relationships with staff, volunteers, vendors, program partners and donors.
- Must have the ability to consistently communicate professionally and effectively with all constituents.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
You Also May Be Interested In:
Sales and Marketing CoordinatorCRISTA Ministries
- Shoreline, Washington
- October 26
Work from Home-Member SpecialistAmeriplan
- Any City or State, FT & PT, Based out of, Texas
- October 26
WriterFirst Liberty Institute
- Plano, Texas
- October 19
Executive Development Representative - HoustonThe Seed Company
- Houston, Texas
- October 12
Digital MarketerCRISTA Ministries
- Seattle, Washington
- October 4