Location: Denver, CO
Position Type: Part-Time
A creative person is needed to aggregate and coagulate stories, sound, news, show guests into useful items for a daily news/talk show. The person also performs activities in the radio studio and control room to ensure technical quality of sound for programs
originating in the studio from syndications or from remote pickup points.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); six months experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Special Job Requirements: Responsible for the successful execution of all programming elements that include the following: airing live and pre-recorded shows; all commercials and promos as scheduled; completing traffic log and logging discrepancies;
airing emergency alert system tests as indicated; engineering remote broadcasts and following station procedures. Knowledge of NexGen Audio Control System, phone screener software, audio boards, audio recording equipment, ISDN, and TELCO systems and remote
transmitter monitoring equipment is a plus. Candidate must be available to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Strong knowledge of Nexgen. Working knowledge of Pro Tools is a plus.
- Producing full, live on air shows in studio, including remote broadcasts. Audio editing and production.
- Assisting with commercial and promo production.
- Phone skills, including call screening, scheduling phone guests.
- Assist the programming department with special projects.
- Drive to events/remotes and other special occasions as needed. Ability to be flexible and work under short deadlines.