The position leads the Community Engagement Leaders to drive awareness and connection to Thrivent within the assigned region or regions. The Manager of Community Engagement (MCE) partners with the Managing Partner(s) to develop a strategic plan to strengthen
Christian communities by helping members and prospective members be wise with money and inspiring them to live generously and volunteer in Thrivent activities. This role drives growth through the Community Engagement Leaders, who are engaged in building,
connecting, and leveraging relationships through Thrivent communities, congregations, and non-profit organizations. They help to activate members to become advocates and others to become more aware of Thrivent and its faith-based mission.
Location: Little Rock, AR; Nashville, Memphis or Chattanooga, TN; Tulsa, OK (One position only - this opening can sit in any of these locations)
- Build and maintain a high-performing team; select, develop, coach, reward and recognize team members.
- Attract talent to Community Engagement Leaders and manage talent to meet business objectives.
- Partner with regional field leadership to develop and deliver integrated strategic plans that are tailored by member/prospective member needs to drive business, membership, generosity growth, advocacy, and social impact within the region(s).
- Coach and mentor Community Engagement Leaders by establishing clear expectations, providing performance feedback, and removing obstacles, with the goal of delivering on regional and zone growth results.
- Develop and activate strategic partnerships with organizations in the region(s), including across Christian communities that drive awareness, connections, and opportunities for engagement.
- Partner with Managing Partner(s) to manage region/zone structure and to conduct quarterly business reviews including financial and fraternal results.
- Share the voice of the member/community back to corporate program development areas with goal of meeting needs of our members and having meaningful impact to regional/zone communities.
- They help to activate members to become advocates of Thrivent, and prospective members to become more aware of Thrivent and its faith-based mission, and understand ways to connect to membership with Thrivent.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree.
- 3-5 years of work experience in business administration, community relations, public relations, non-profit or volunteer management, or marketing.
- Volunteer or community leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to build, activate, and leverage networks.
- Ability to travel.
- Ability to work evenings/weekends.