Salem Media Group is a leading U.S. radio broadcaster, Internet content provider, and magazine and book publisher targeting audiences interested in Christian and family-themed content and conservative values.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Office Manager oversees daily office operations and is a crucial component of the office environment. They must be able to see the big picture and prioritize tasks as they arise. Flexibility and a can-do attitude are
crucial as the role encompasses many responsibilities including: sales assistant, administrative assistant, human resources representative, and event coordinator.
The ideal Office Manager is a dedicated, hardworking team player that thrives in a fast-paced environment. This person must maintain strict confidentiality and demonstrate a high level of honesty and integrity. They should be friendly, approachable and
able to manage others.
- Supports sales team by creating orders, tracking client details, managing processes and workflow with traffic office, creating marketing materials and special projects
- In-office HR liaison with Salem Media Group – recruitment, onboard new hires, manage open enrollment & wellness program, coordinate with the legal department manage employment agreements, among other responsibilities
- Supports general manager with daily tasks, sales reporting, and special projects
- Office management duties - ordering equipment and supplies, coordinating meetings, working with building maintenance on any suite issues
- Assist in event planning for several large annual station events, as well as smaller promotional events throughout the year
- Manage accounts payable and support in the accounts receivable process
- Active role in traffic department including order entry, tracking missing copy, recording of payments, processing invoices and ensuring accuracy of information prior to entry into traffic system
- Oversee receptionist role who handles outgoing/incoming mail, answering phones, greeting guests and organization of the office
- Must have superior work ethic, ability to learn quickly, and be a self-starter
- Flexible and patient attitude with high attention to detail
- Sensitivity to confidential information is key
- Proficient in office software; Word, Excel, etc.