Ministry Description: Tall Turf Ministries is located in Grand Rapids, MI and was founded in 1969 with the vision to provide a safe, peaceful and fun environment for children of different racial group to come together. From the beginning the ministry has been to proclaim and demonstrate Christ’s ministry of reconciliation. Tall Turf provides year-round leadership development programs aimed at equipping youth with the skills needed to be effective agents of reconciliation in God’s world.
Primary Role: The Executive Director is the visionary leader responsible for embracing, enhancing and executing a strategic plan in line with the vision and policies of Tall Turf Ministries as established by the Board of Trustees. The Executive Director is responsible to the Board of Trustees.
- Committed Christian with an ability to articulate a Christian perspective on life and service.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in providing administrative leadership for a non-profit organization including the creation and oversight of budgets.
- Ability to embrace, enhance and execute a Strategic Plan for Tall Turf Ministries in a way that moves Tall Turf Ministries forward while still maintaining our unique culture and identity.
- A bachelor or master's degree in a field related to organizational leadership and administration.
- Experience and commitment to serving diverse individuals and communities, and ability to work with a variety of people including employees, volunteers, donors, constituents, board members and others.
- Proven experience in fund development for maintaining financial stability and continued growth.
- Experience in camp management and/or with development models preferred, but not required.
- Strong understanding and articulation of the complexities and opportunities around reconciliation with God, self, others and creation.
- Envision an innovative future for Tall Turf Ministries that embraces its mission, vision and goals.
- Develop and oversee strategies that embrace this future and enhance and advance the ministry.
- Assures that the organization has a strategic plan toward which it makes consistent and timely progress.
- Serve as the liaison among and between Tall Turf Ministries’ internal and external audiences. Serves as primary spokesperson for and representative of the organization.
- Provides for the development of adequate human resources to effectively carry out and support the organization’s mission within the parameters of the budget and policy set by the board of trustees.
- Oversees the development and management of the annual operating budget approved by the board of trustees.
- Ensure that adequate resources and funding are obtained to support the operation and development of Tall Turf Ministries by establishing a plan for a stable source of income and continued growth.
- Plans, organizes and manages a comprehensive resource development program to sustain operating and capital needs.
- Establish reliable systems to measure performance and keep working towards operational efficiency
- Designs and provides for programs to achieve goals and objectives which support and further Tall Turf Ministries’ mission.
- Facilitates policy and budget development by the board of trustees.
- Build, maintain, and support a positive team that works together effectively towards the fulfillment of Tall Turf Ministries’ vision.
- Provides the board with accurate and timely information on the condition and performance of the organization and its programs. Assists and supports the board in its understanding and effective accomplishment of its governing role and responsibilities.
- Provide for the effective development and utilization of human resources to support the organization and implement its strategies to achieve its mission of reconciliation.
- Identifies and develops collaborative relationships with external groups to more effectively support and advance Tall Turf’s mission.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com. Please reference job title and organization in subject line.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Document SpecialistFinancial Planning Ministry
- Irvine, California
- September 22
Administrative & Research Assistant-Momento DecisivoTurning Point
- Lakeside, California
- September 22
Gift Planning AdministratorNational Christian Foundation
- Alpharetta, Georgia
- September 21
Executive Assistant to the CEOChildren of the Nations
- Silverdale, Washington
- September 20
Executive Admin PositionAdobe Oil & Gas
- Arlington, Texas
- September 20