JOB DESCRIPTION: We need a clear-thinking, theologicaly-trained, video producer to help us create new versions of our exisiting, video-based, small-group resources. This person would also produce our ministry's promotional and training materials.
• Develop curricula: Assist in the gradual development of new versions of our existing programs. This involves researching and recommending topics to address in the new versions of our programs and suggesting effective ways our new materials can communicate
them. At times the producer may be asked to assist in the development of new materials.
• Plan and conduct video interviews: Identify and interview subjects to feature in our programs, promotional videos and training materials.
• Content selection & writing: This involves reviewing transcribed interviews, selecting bites (quotes) and writing scripts for revisions to our existing video programs. It also involves providing ideas and writing some content for a revised curriculum's
print components (leader's guide and participant workbook).
• Producing promotional and training videos: This involves concepting and writing videos that promote our materials and equip churches to use them more effectively. Once scripts are approved, you'd have the repsonsibility to acquire the resources needed
to create the promotional or training videos. Then you'd work with our team to produce the approved scripts.
There are many other tasks that arise in the course of developing a curriculum, which are too numerous to list. Some require supervision while others involve decision-making. At times, the position will require tasks that seem trivial and may be considered
an intrusion into the day of the Video Producer. Such tasks are to be viewed as necessary to the ongoing growth and health of Church Initiative.
• 3 years or more experience as a video producer or a reporter
• Experience using non-linear editing systems
• Masters degree in Theology, Christian education or Christian/biblical counseling
Because this position is a central role in a Christian ministry, it is important that applicants demonstrate spiritual maturity, including a professed relationship with Jesus Christ, a consistent and deep personal walk with the Lord, and a demonstrated heart
for ministry through the local church.
The Video Producer reports directly to the Executive Producer. At times, as assigned, he or she will be asked to report to and work with others on our staff.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to Sam Hodges (firstname.lastname@example.org).
IMPORTANT: Your cover letter should include a summary of how you became a Christian, your spiritual journey, and description of your current church involvement.
Be sure to include links to your work or a demo reel.
Please clearly indicate what aspects of the videos that you were responsible for.