This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Lakeland, Florida, United States
Date Posted: 07/28/2006
Job Type: Full-Time
Southeastern University, a liberal arts Christian university affiliated with the Assemblies of God, invites applications for the position of Assistant Controller. Responsibilities include preparing financial reports, assisting with the yearly budget process, coordinating the annual independent audit, and supervision of accounting staff.
1. Masters Degree in Accounting or Finance required
2. Strong business communication skills
3. 3-5 years accounting experience
4. Strong analytical and organizational skills
5. Proficient with Excel, Word, and Access
6. Management/supervisory experience preferred
7. Personal commitment to work in a Christian university in the Pentecostal tradition and be in agreement with the mission of the University
Southeastern Universitys mission focuses on traditional ministerial training and faith integration in the non-ministerial disciplines. The campus, located in Lakeland, Florida - between Tampa and Orlando. The university has a workforce of 300+ employees. Approximately 2,300 students pursue bachelors and masters degrees in three colleges and five academic departments offering over 44 academic programs.
Southeastern University is an EO/AA employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, or disability. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Southeastern employs only Christians who are compatible with the institutions mission and Statement of Faith, and in this regard candidates should be in agreement with and supportive of the Pentecostal heritage of the Assemblies of God.
To apply please submit the following to the address or fax number below:
1. A cover letter speaking to your qualifications for the job and your personal relationship with Jesus Christ
2. The Southeastern University Employment Application (accessible from our website at www.seuniversity.edu)
3. Your rsum
4. A list of your references (with phone numbers and addresses)
5. Your personal statement of faith or testimony
Human Resources Department
1000 Longfellow Blvd.
Lakeland, FL 33801-6034