This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Northcliffe Baptist Church
Spring Hill, Florida, United States
Date Posted: 06/29/2006
Job Type: Full-Time
Northcliffe Baptist Church
10515 Northcliffe Boulevard
Spring Hill, FL 34608
Function: Responsible to the Stewardship Committee to handle all church funds except for the Benevolence Fund. This position should require a maximum of 40 hours weekly.
1. Utilizing QuickBooks, make computer entries for cash receipts, disbursements, and payroll, including budget and designated accounts.
2. Keep checkbook balanced, pay bills, and make adjustments.
3. Balance all bank accounts (except benevolent). Compute and transfer designated savings monthly.
4. Handle all aspects of payroll, including checks, payroll tax computations and deposits, quarterly employers tax report, insurance and annuity reports, W-4's, 1099's, and W-2's. Maintain Workers Compensation insurance records and requirements. Record employees days off.
5. Prepare financial secretarys report monthly for Stewardship Committee and attend meeting.
6. Prepare monthly financial statement. Present financial report at quarterly Church Conference meetings.
7. Compute and prepare checks for weekly and monthly commitments to Florida Baptist Convention, Alachua Baptist Association, and any others.
8. Approve vouchers and requisitions according to available funds.
9. Utilizing ACS software, record weekly contributions and prepare annual statements for contributors. Prepare contributors envelopes for distribution.
10. Be available to speak to members who have questions about the church finances.
11. Assist the trustees, when necessary, with maintaining adequate property, auto, and liability insurance files.
12. Talk to banks to secure best financing when purchasing property or planning new facilities.
13. Work with Stewardship Committee regarding special donations, e.g. stocks, wills, etc. (May involve talking with broker or attorney.)
14. Work with Stewardship Committee to prepare annual budget.
15. Gather information for Personnel Committee to assist with employee benefits (health insurance, cafeteria plans, mileage, annuities, etc.).
16. Provide all requested financial information to CPA for audit and preparation of balance sheet each year. Close out files and set up new files for each fiscal year.
Experience & Training:
Minimum 3 years bookkeeping experience
Knowledge of Excel, Word, QuickBooks
Proficient with calculator
Ability to multi-task efficiently
Good communication skills
Office hours and workdays shall be determined by staff supervisor.