The Controller is responsible for financial reporting, internal controls, compliance, data integrity, accounting and financial systems. Will supervise the accounting team and provide leadership by modeling integrity and by following the CCU’s core values. Technology skills include a practical knowledge of Excel and other related financial computer applications. Will have a proven track record or sufficient experience with multi-unit accounting, investment management, fiduciary reporting and electronic funds management and audit experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide strong leadership and sound management for accounting and finance responsibilities.
- Will execute sound internal control policies and procedures.
- Manage daily operations of accounting system, financial audit and tax information reporting, and related research and compliance reporting processes.
- Manage the budget cycle and work with department managers to ensure this process is properly managed.
- Review and approve budget changes throughout the fiscal year and as operational needs dictate. Training managers on the budgeting system and how to coordinate these efforts with accounting.
- Supervise and mentor an accounting team and be involved in their personal development. Oversee the accounts receivable team and related transactions.
- Advise the Chief Financial Officer and other leaders of appropriate financial matters for sound fiscal policy and performance.
- Ensure accuracy of financial transactions is performed and checks/balances are in place for handling potential issues.
- Forecast and manage cash flow to ensure liabilities are managed accurately and the payroll function is adequately funded.
- Coordinate financial audits with auditing firms and ensure the documents for the auditing process are in place. Develop policies to correct found deficiencies and be proactive to prevent such issues.
- Works with outside financial agencies for banking or other financial arrangements.
- Prepare reporting documents for regulatory compliance, includes annual, quarterly or other reports as necessary for successful business operations.
- Review systems for accuracy and be proactive with suggestions for technology improvements.
- Oversee the general ledger.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Five or more years’ experience and a proven track record in accounting/financial management, preferably in private higher education. Additional experience in auditing, tax, and accounting for non-profit organizations with extensive knowledge of regulatory standards and report processing is preferred.
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting or demonstrated related experience. A Certified Public Accountant designation, or on a successful track to obtain the CPA designation, and/or a Master’s degree in business or accounting/finance preferred.
- Excellent computer skill application for Microsoft Office software (e.g. Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), related financial applications, and Datatel applications - Colleague.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational leadership and administrative abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for relationship building with internal and external customers.
- Must demonstrate a high degree of integrity and professionalism.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Chief Financial Officer (CFO)Serge
- Jenkintown, Pennsylvania
- October 14
Customer ServiceBayville Chemicals.net
- Deer Park, New York
- October 11
Senior Accounting ManagerTri Star Sports & Entertainment Group
- Nashville, Tennessee
- October 7
Accounting ManagerFirst Baptist Church Atlanta
- Atlanta, Georgia
- October 3
- Winchester, Virginia
- August 9
Colorado Christian University
Colorado Christian University cultivates knowledge and love of God in a Christ-centered community of learners and scholars, with an enduring commitment to the integration of exemplary academics, spiritual formation, and engagement with the world. More...