To apply for this position please click
The purpose of this position is to oversee the organization, maintenance, daily processing, and monthly reconciliation of donor gifts and constituency records for 4KIDS of South Florida. This position entails a range of responsibilities that support the
donors, Accounting, Development and Communications Teams of 4KIDS of South Florida to enhance the community, church and donor relations.
- Record gift and donor data for all financial contributions to 4KIDS and accurately enter them into Raiser's Edge database.
- Reconcile all entries on a monthly basis to confirm agreement with the Financial Edge Accounting system.
- Assist in developing policies and procedures and implementing with staff.
- Ensure accuracy and proper coding for donor giving, all postings, and maintenance of proper documentation.
- Process monthly receipt letters for donations.
- Import records from outside data vendors including ServiceU, Blackbaud Sphere, etc. into Raiser's Edge according to deposit schedule.
- Process credit card donations that are received via mail, commitment card, etc. into database.
- Validate and import credit card transaction reports from ServiceU to Raiser's Edge.
- Follow up with donors as it relates to donations in which credit cards are rejected or expired, in order to determine proper resolution.
- Process, post, and reconcile credit card transactions that are received at events through credit card machines.
- Execute daily, weekly and monthly collection and reporting activities according to accounting specific deadlines.
- Post and balance donor accounts.
- Process adjustments for refunds and insufficient funds transactions.
- Make regular deposits to 4KIDS' bank account.
- Maintain harmony in communicating with donors via phone, email, mail or in person.
- Investigate and resolve management and donor inquiries quickly and efficiently.
- Supports the 4KIDS' team with analytical trend reports for donor giving, mail and event effectiveness, revenue/expense details, and presentations.
- Provides summaries of key indicators in donor giving trends and projected revenue reporting.
- Provide assistance as needed with projects related to financial reporting.
- Provide assistance with reporting and monitoring of non-donation monies coming into 4KIDS.
- Supports the 4KIDS' team in obtaining accurate data in Raiser's Edge with which to report and provide recommendations to improve 4KIDS' efficiency.
- Assist in all other related duties as required and assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or another Finance-related discipline
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the accounting/financial realm
- Preferred non-profit experience
- Must demonstrate proficiency in verbal and written skills
- Proficient in Raiser's Edge Database and Financial Edge
- Highly proficient in all Microsoft Office applications with the ability to teach others
- Ability to learn new computer programs or databases without major oversight
- Excellent customer service skills
- Enthusiastic when working; ability to establish priorities and efficiently direct multiple problems or inquires simultaneously
- Excellent organizational and office management skills and ability to function with minimal supervision
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented
- Flexibility to accommodate evolving responsibilities or tasks
- Ability to work harmoniously and encourage co-workers as a team player as well as lead and motivate others
- Displays compassion and empathy for others and is able to win people confidence and trust
- Maintaining confidentiality of all sensitive information, keeping confidential matters confidential
- Must successfully complete initial drug screening
- Must successfully complete annual background screenings
To apply for this position please click:
To view this job posting on the 4KIDS' website please click: