The Director will be asked to shepherd the Christian Education of our children (birth to 8th grade) and youth (6th to 12th grade) and provide programming to support Christian parenting and strengthen families.
- Bachelors Degree required
- Academic or other formal training in Christian Education preferred
- Meaningful experience in child & youth activities
- Familiarity with the dynamics of a medium-sized congregation
- Demonstrated success managing educational programs
Sample Responsibilities Include:
- Maintain day-to-day management of Christian Education programs for our children and youth, ages birth to 12th grade, in alignment with Ardmore Presbyterian Church’s mission, and the mission of Ardmore’s Christian Education ministry.
- Evaluate, recommend and implement age-appropriate curriculum; recruit and train teachers; organize milestone events.
- Manage and recruit members of the church, and others, to participate in activities relating to the Christian Education of children & youth at APC. These responsibilities include: organizing, recruiting, managing, supporting, training and leading volunteers.
- Maintain regular communication with the youth, their families, and the congregation through e-mails, newsletters, websites, appropriate social media and presence at worship and church-wide activities.
- Develop programming for parents and adults to strengthen families and encourage Christian Education for children and youth.
The Director is a full time position based on 40 hours per week, and reports to the Senior Pastor. The position requires flexible hours including nights and weekends. All applicants will be subject to a thorough background check. Those candidates invited
to interview will be asked to submit a statement of faith.