The position of International Logistics Specialist will serve on the Samaritan’s Purse/Operation Christmas Child (OCC) – USA International Team by managing of the supply chain and logistical systems in this area entails extensive attention
to detail and maintaining an amiable relationship with overseas volunteers, overseas service providers and co-workers. International Logistics is one of the four core components to have a successful OCC ministry with partners in over 100 countries worldwide.
Responsibilities include the ability to:
- Demonstrate effective skills in international shipping and possess interpersonal skills that can work an international matrix management environment.
- Be responsible for the movement of gift boxes and ministry materials to over 25-35 countries worldwide.
- Maintain and follow standard operating procedures (SOP) related to shipping documentation, trucking and key performance indicators (KPI), etc.
- Provides expertise in the troubleshooting and mitigation processes related to importation and transportation issues that sporadically surface.
- Handle matrix responsibilities of coaching and mentoring volunteers and International Field Representatives.
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year College or University; or 2-4 (two to four) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred. Position
requires 20-50 days travel per year, both international and domestic.
TO APPLY: Go to www.samaritanspurse.org. Under "Get Involved" choose "Employment Listings." Use the search options to find the position you are interested in; then please complete the on-line application by clicking “Apply Now” at the
bottom of the page; and attach a current resume and cover letter stating your interest in this position.
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters,
disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
The work of Samaritan's Purse is marked by five distinct objectives, grounded in Scripture and biblical principles:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world's standard while serving the purposes of God's kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible-- "God Room"