There is an exciting opportunity with Samaritan’s Purse / Operation Christmas Child (OCC) for a person who is called to serve and support the local church of West and Central Africa, working chiefly with National Leadership Teams of volunteers in fifteen
(15) countries in West and Central Africa under the direction of the Senior Regional Director. This position will serve on the Samaritan's Purse/Operation Christmas Child - USA International Team. The Regional Director will lead a team management staff and
International Field Representatives in the area of recruitment, selection, training, and leading of volunteer National and Regional Leadership Teams who are called to child evangelism in their countries. Attention will be given to effective planning and implementation
of all OCC-related processes and aspects within the West and Central Africa region, with special emphasis on logistics, team development and The Greatest Journey Discipleship program. Position is based at Samaritan Purse Headquarters in Boone, NC, with potential
consideration for location in the field for the appropriate candidate.
1) Providing overall regional vision and strategy to achieve OCC goals in the region;
2) Remotely providing direct leadership and management to two Regional Managers and eight field based International Field Representatives;
3) Leading and developing national and regional leadership teams by training and consulting with them as they facilitate the distribution of shoebox gifts and discipleship program in their respective countries;
4) Monitoring the importation and distribution of shoebox gifts into the various destination countries;
5) Collecting and reporting data and stories to allow effective program monitoring, evaluation and promotion;
6) Managing assigned special projects.
Bachelor's degree in pastoral, mission or related field.
3-5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience living and working in West or Central Africa.
A working knowledge of French language is required
International travel of 85-100 days per year required.
Twelve credit-hours of biblical studies strongly preferred.
Must maintain a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
TO APPLY: Go to www.samaritanspurse.org. Under "Get Involved" choose "Employment Listings." Use the search options to find the position you are interested in; then please complete the on-line application by clicking “Apply Now” at the bottom of the page; and attach a current resume and cover letter stating your interest in this position.
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
The work of Samaritan's Purse is marked by five distinct objectives, grounded in Scripture and biblical principles:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world's standard while serving the purposes of God's kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible-- "God Room"
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
GROUP PROGRAM DIRECTORS NEEDED – Work from Home!AHLI
- Headquartered in Lancaster, Pennsylvania
- October 22
Director of Youth, Family and Small Group MinistriesEagle River Presbyterian Church
- Avon, Colorado
- October 20
Christian Financial Radio/TV Co-HostPrivate Profile
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- October 19
General Secretary/Executive DirectorInternational Ministerial Fellowship
- Excelsior, Minnesota
- October 14
Executive Development Representative - HoustonThe Seed Company
- Houston, Texas
- October 12
The story of the Good Samaritan (Luke 10:30-37) gives a clear picture of God's desire for us to help those in desperate need wherever we find them. After describing how the Samaritan rescued a hurting man whom others had passed by, Jesus told His hearers, "Go and do likewise." Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disa More...