This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Donor Development
Mukilteo, Washington, United States
Date Posted: 02/07/2006
Categories: Financial Services/Insurance
Job Type: Full-Time
Kidzana Ministries, a nonprofit missions organization dedicated to reaching unreached children for Christ around the world, is seeking an experienced and motivated individual to serve as Development Director for their small but exciting and expanding international ministry.
The Director of Development at Kidzana Ministries is a high profile, key staff position, with major responsibility for development of adequate program funding and organizational support funding to meet Kidzana's ministry goals. The Director's duties will generally be divided along the following lines of responsibility:
**Large Gift Donor Development (donors from $1,000 to $25,000+ per year)
**General Donor Development (new donors, monthly donors, mail campaigns, organization-wide marketing communications)
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Initiate, implement and oversee all programs related to funding and funding development and meet funding goals
2. Establish, implement, and maintain a philosophy of fundraising that fits with the mission, vision, and strategic plan of Kidzana
3. Travel as needed (nationally and/or internationally) to meet with individual donors, develop and maintain key relationships, and participate in funding and public relations
LARGE GIFT DONOR DEVELOPMENT (50-75% of focus)
1. Develop long-term effective relationships with individuals, churches, foundations, and corporations capable of providing $1,000 to $25,000+ in financial resources, giving them a deeper understanding of the needs of mission and children in the world, boldly challenging them to respond sacrificially to needs through the ministry of Kidzana
2. Make annual giving program requests of donors with an objective to raise a minimum of $500,000 or more per year within two years, in current gifts on a sustained annual basis.
3. Assume the lead role in creative fundraising endeavors (e.g., desserts, annual golf tournament, business dinners). Manage all details of events, including invitations, securing sponsorships, programming for the event itself, volunteer management, etc.
4. Implement a development strategy in conjunction with Executive Director for appropriate donors and prospects.
5. Communicate and establish donor involvement as appropriate in Vision trips, special meetings, programs, and events, project follow-up, and personalized affirmation program for prior gifts and involvement.
6. Develop an in-depth understanding of Kidzana history, values, mission, and programs and effectively communicate that information to donors and constituents.
GENERAL DONOR DEVELOPMENT (25-50% of focus)
1.Develop and implement an integrated strategy for raising new general donations.
2.Conceptualize, initiate, organize, and oversee critical donor events such as promotion events, fundraising projects
3. Monitor the response, evaluate overall giving trends and adjust future fundraising endeavors as needed.
4.Consult with Executive Director and Communication Director to develop presentation tools for effective promotion of vision and projects (video, newsletter, website, etc.)
The leader we seek ...
1. KIDZANA CALLING: Has a strong calling and long-term commitment to the ministry of Kidzana, and must be an enthusiastic supporter of its ethos, ministry, programs, and vision and objectives.
2. EDUCATION: Earned higher education degree(s) in Business, Marketing or equivalent experience
a.FUNDRAISING: Is seasoned in fundraising or sales with a proven track record in fundraising so that he/she can begin connecting quickly with large gift donors. A natural ability to "close", similar to a sales role.
b.BUSINESS: Minimum ten years exemplary business or organizational leadership experience; both small business and large organization experience preferred
4.CREATIVITY & INITIATIVE: Willing to initiate innovative ideas, offer creative plans, provide workable solutions to seemingly negative donor situations, taking full ownership of development process.
5.GOAL ORIENTED: A strong need to accomplish specific and direct annual objectives with a strong work ethic; at the same time able to serve as a coach, convener, and catalyst, working with and through people to accomplish ambitious, tangible, and diverse objectives.
6.SERVANT LEADERSHIP: The passionate believer filling this position must be a leader who is able to provide direction and willing to serve on a team. This individual must be creative, responsible, dependable, self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented, intuitive, and an analytical independent thinker who is able oversee multiple efforts simultaneously.
7.EXCELLENT INTERPERSONAL SKILLS: Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively and professionally with a wide variety of individuals at all socio-economic levels.
8.ORGANIZATIONAL SKILLS: Superior administrative and organizational skills; good follow-through on tasks. Strong sense of an ability to prioritize multiple tasks under pressure and manage deadlines.
9.INFORMATION SYSTEMS: Strong experience with customer management and presentation software, equipment and techniques
10. COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Outstanding professional oral, written and computer communication skills.
11.MINISTRY MINDED: A "ministry minded" sense of calling in their life purpose and goals. Will prayerfully build key relationships.
12.VALUES & CHRISTIAN COMMITMENT: Passionate commitment to biblical values and the Great Commission. A demonstrated lifestyle that is consistent with biblical principles of good stewardship.
13.PROFESSIONAL DEMEANOR: Has savvy social skills and etiquette; dresses professionally
14.CONFIDENTIAL: The candidate must be tactful with confidential information and able to exercise good judgment with fellow staff members and outside constituency with sensitive information.
15.PERSONAL BALANCE: Has a strong commitment to honor his or her family and role as a leader in his or her home. Individual is dedicated to achieving balance in sphere of home and family.