This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Youth for Christ Grand Rapids
Jenison, Michigan, United States
Date Posted: 07/31/2006
Job Type: Full-Time
Executive Director Job Description
The Executive Director is the chief executive officer of the corporation and is responsible for giving leadership to the organization, its staff, and the YFC mission.
The Executive Director is accountable to Youth for Christ/USA for matters of YFC staff credentialing and local chapter chartering, and to the local Board of Trustees for the operations of the YFC chapter and the fulfillment of its mission.
The Executive Director must be approved by Youth for Christ/USA; that is, be credentialed, or be in the process of being credentialed.
The Executive Director is expected to meet YFCs initial and continuing training requirements.
The Executive Directorship is a professional position that requires spiritual and organizational leadership skills, the ability to work with and through other people, communication skills, a heart for reaching young people with the gospel, and the ability to minister to youth in evangelism and discipleship within the context of the YFC program and methodology.
The Executive Director can expect to work 50-55 hours per week.
There are eight Key Result Areas for the YFC chapter. Since the Executive Director is the chief executive officer of the corporation, these become the Executive Directors Key Result Areas. As the chapter grows, the Executive Director must increasingly work through other people, maximizing his/her own strengths.
1. 8% BOARD BUILDING. The Executive Director shall work in partnership with the Board of Trustees while being accountable to it, and shall help to enable the Board members to fulfill their role as directors.
2. 10% STAFF DEVELOPMENT. The Executive Director shall recruit, select, train, place and supervise staff to do the work of the ministry in various schools, neighborhoods and communities throughout the YFC service area.
3. 12% MINISTRY EFFECTIVENESS. The Executive Director shall carry out the Youth for Christ ministry, the scope of which shall be decided with the Board of Trustees, to effectively fulfill the mission of YFC. The Executive Director shall work both through staff and possibly, directly with the young people.
4. 30% FUND-RAISING. The Executive Director shall work with the Board of Trustees and the staff in the development and maintenance of a local funding base. The Executive Director is also expected to raise personal missionary support through a network of family and friends, the amount of which shall be jointly determined by the Executive Director and the Board of Trustees.
5. 13% COMMUNITY RELATIONS. The Executive Director shall serve as an advocate of youth evangelism in the community, not only by speaking on behalf of YFC, but in supporting all efforts to mobilize the Christian community to reach lost youth. The Executive Director shall see that YFC and its mission have visibility in the community, and that YFC works in a cooperative manner with churches and other youth evangelism organizations.
6. 8% ADMINISTRATION. The Executive Director shall see that legal and YFC organizational and fiscal requirements are met through the careful management of the corporation, the office, and its finances; and that YFC operates at a professional level. The Executive Director shall also participate in the regional and national YFC movement.
7. 10% STRATEGIC PLANNING. The Executive Director shall lead an ongoing planning process that engages the Board and staff in strategizing how to aggressively reach an increasing number of lost young people.
8. 9% YOUTH FOR CHRIST ADVOCATE. The Executive Director shall be an ardent advocate for the YFC movement, and will insure that all personnel maintain involvement with YFC regionally, nationally and internationally.
Note: Time percentages will vary each week. The percentages noted above are based on established priorities, Board involvement, current staffing levels, and the present financial condition of YFC. Based on a 50+ hour week, the following percentages reflect the following hours: 10% = 5+ hours. 15% = 7-1/2+ hours. 20% = 10+ hours. 25% = 12-1/2+ hours. 30% = 15+ hours. Specific percentages should be established in consultation with YFC/USA personnel.