This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Nursing (LA)
National Pregnancy Center Group
Los Angeles, California, United States
Date Posted: 04/27/2006
Categories: Health Care
Job Type: Full-Time
Basic Function: Implementation, oversight and administration of the local Crisis Pregnancy Center Ultrasound and Medical Program. To provide leadership by example to the volunteer staff. To supervise and administer excellence in the daily operation of the center. To promote the organization in the community and area churches.
The Director of Nursing is responsible for the following:
1. Carrying out the Corporations Mission Statement, Statement of Principle, policies, laws, rules and regulations.
2. Providing scans to clients and communicate: gestational age of the fetus, the length, heartbeat, and the measurements of the fetal development staying within legal limitations at all times.
3. Developing objectives that implement the policies and goals determined by the Board of Directors.
4. Supervising the operations of the limited Ultrasound Department and all medical services.
5. Overseeing the administration and legalities in each center as relates to ultrasound scans and all medical services.
The Director of Nursing's duties include:
1. Implementing CICPCs organizational structure and management system that assures efficiency, accountability, and appropriate delegation of tasks for both medical staff and volunteers.
2. Providing appropriate training and training programs for medical volunteers to perform ultrasound scans and/or medical services, without medical judgments.
3. Implementing CICPCs evaluation system for the Medical Department which continuously assesses the volunteers and services provided, as well as establishing and maintaining an evaluation system for the Sonographer.
4. Evaluating and providing recommendations for improvement in services, delivery and management to supervisor.
5. Providing leadership to volunteers and support staff assuring that sound medical and business principles are taught and applied in all center locations.
6. Overseeing and encouraging all volunteers/staff ensuring implementation of policies and procedures in the medical department.
7. Providing a professional leadership example in promotion and participation in CPC events.
8. Representing the ministry as needed to public.
9. Ensuring that accurate records, charting, and statistics are kept and reported in a timely manner.
10. Carrying out such duties as are assigned by the Executive Director - Frontline L.A., the President, and the Board.
11. In center, staff presence for volunteers and oversee all daily operations and services provided to clients.
12. Debrief all client sessions with volunteers for encouragement and quality control.
13. Build strong nurturing relationships with volunteer staff.
14. Provide counseling and services for clients when volunteers are not able to meet the needs.
15. Provide on-going supervision and support to volunteers, and evaluate volunteer performance.
Agreement with Statements of Faith and Principle with a strong desire to serve Jesus Christ in a position of leadership in a ministry to women. R.N. degree required with current license for the State of California. Willingness and ability to learn sonography. Experience in administration and management desired. Bilingual Spanish desirable, but not necessary.