Conservative Book Club (CBC) has an immediate opening for a salaried, full-time position of
Assistant Editor. The main function of the Assistant Editor is to assist the Editor in curating the Conservative Book Club website, daily newsletter (Mon-Fri), and social media pages.
- Provide copy editing, formatting and technical support for daily newsletter, and website maintanence using WordPress
- Coordinate contributor submissions for book reviews and articles
- Vigorously grow CBC’s social media community of conservative book enthusiasts with engaging and creative content
- Assist the Editor with day-to-day administrative and clerical functions of CBC
- Write book reviews and articles for the website, when time permits
- Work with publicity team to promote backlist offerings
- Working knowledge and experience using WordPress
- Strong copy editing, writing and formatting skills
- Must be able to keep up with the pace of a daily published news operation
- Social media acumen, in particular, experience in growing and engaging online communities, primarily using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in: Writing, journalism, communications, marketing, English, literature, political science, history, or other related degree
- Personable, team player, and takes direction well
- Individuals who will succeed in this position will have excellent time management skills, incredible attention to detail, are naturally organized, and have a passion for and deep understanding of political conservatism
The Conservative Book Club is celebrating its 50th Anniversary and recently re-launched its digital presence. CBC is a nationwide community of conservative book enthusiasts and a trusted resource for conservative-themed book recommendations,
reviews, and bestseller rankings.
Our office is located on Capitol Hill at 300 New Jersey Avenue, NW, Suite 500, Washington, DC 20001, and is conveniently located within walking distance of the Union Station metro stop (red line).
Salem Eagle provides excellent competitive benefits to include subsidized health insurance, 401k, disability insurance, etc.
If interested in the position, please upload a resume, cover letter, writing sample, and list of three professional references.