This position takes responsibility for internal and external customer support for the Donation Processing Department. The Gift Relations Specialist is a team player that will be assigned specific donor service projects that will assist in cultivating donor relationships with development and marketing objectives in an accurate and timely manner. In addition, the work content of this job will be a mix of performing high-difficulty gift entry functions, providing technical and business support at events, and customer service for internal and external staff, volunteers, and donors. This is a full-time, nonexempt position.
- Document, maintain, and provide customer service to all incoming donor requests and questions.
- Maintain a high level of customer service via the telephone and email. Assist donors with contribution inquiries and customer service issues.
- Provide donors with year-end giving reports for IRS tax purposes.
- Support Development and Marketing with background information on donors as it relates to gift processing and fundraising.
- Handle all processing and tracking of high-level monetary gifts; make sure gifts from foundations, churches, and major donors are identified and allocated correctly.
- Ensure donation information is accurately entered into donor database and shared with Development and Finance staff as appropriate.
- Work with Marketing and Database Administer to conduct mass updates to donor database (i.e. email addresses, phone numbers, mailing addresses, etc.)
- Oversee donor processing for events (on-site support, technical setup, pledges, fulfillment, receipt text and reports).
- Handle all monthly pledge programs for donors.
10. Serve as a backup to the Donation Processing Manager or other positions in the department.
11. Support development and marketing’s cultivation activities to the middle donor segment of the donor database. This may involve conducting phone calls, writing thank you cards, sending thank you emails, etc.
12. Travel to events ~three times a year.
- Proactively safeguard and promote the ministry.
- Participate in hands-on ministry within Cityteam.
- Participate in on-going Disciple Making Movement training and implementation.
Partners-In-Ministry Donor Cultivation/Support
- Participate in our Partners-In-Ministry program by being an advocate for Cityteam to help raise funds for our programs through donor cultivation.
- Must have a personal and consistent relationship with Jesus Christ and be active in a local Christian body of believers.
- Must have a personal commitment to fostering and encouraging disciple making.
- Must have compatible theology on major issues of Cityteam's Statement of Faith.
- Must be committed to serving God and the body of Christ.
- Must have a teachable spirit and be committed to team participation.
- Must be able to make decisions, plan, implement, delegate, and effectively communicate policy, ideas, and recommendations.
- Must have strong organizational skills.
- Good written and oral communication skills are a must.
- Must have proven interpersonal skills and the ability to handle conflict resolution.
- Must be able to provide a high level of positive customer service via telephone and email.
- Must have strong multi-tasking abilities and the ability to stay focused amid interruptions.
- Must be quick on your feet and able to adapt to a variety of situations and changing scenarios.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Must be able to solve problems effectively.
- Bachelor's Degree or commensurate experience required.
- Proficiency with Word Mail Merges, advanced Excel functions, and CRM software required.
- Experience in Finance or Accounting desirable.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or other database applications desired.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Chief Development OfficerForgotten Children Worldwide
- Bluffton, Indiana
- September 21
Executive DirectorVictory Ministries of Alaska
- Sutton, Alaska
- September 8
Overseas University English TeachersAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- September 7
Manager of Digital GivingAmerican Bible Society
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- September 1
Elementary School Teachers in China - Still Interviewing!Academics In Asia
- China, Not Assigned
- July 4
Cityteam is a nondenominational Christian non-profit serving the poor, the homeless, and the lost in local communities in the United States and around the world. Since 1957, Cityteam has been serving people in extreme poverty and helping them transform their lives, their families and their communities where they live. Today with the help of volunteers and donors, Cityteam is impacting the lives of over 500,000 people each year just in the United States and helping hundreds of the thousands of lives in partnership with local leaders in 48 oth More...