Job Title: Public Relations Coordinator for Buffalo City Mission
Our Mission Statement
Buffalo City Mission exists to meet the spiritual and practical needs of the poor through the demonstration of the love and preaching of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
The purpose of Buffalo City Mission is to proclaim and demonstrate the life-changing Gospel of Jesus Christ, meeting the spiritual, physical, and emotional needs of men, women and children who are homeless or in need of hope.
The public relations coordinator will be responsible for the execution of public relations activities for ongoing communication such as press releases and supporting multimedia assets. Maintain relationships with key media sources and ensuring goals are being met. Work with the Associate Executive Director in developing and managing new public relations opportunities and strategies.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, Full time position. Some night, weekends and holidays may be required as needed.
- Develop strategies that will help promote organizations strategic goals through social media, media channels and general public to increase awareness and drive traffic to website.
- Design and help implement a social media plan
- Create and deliver press releases, coordinate press interviews and scheduling
- Works collaboratively with and in support of volunteers, other development and advancement staff and coordinates with the organization to cultivate news worthy stories within the media and public eye
- Field media inquiries and present proposed responses to the Associate Executive Director
- Work with Associate Executive Director to define measurable goals and track performance
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree-PR/communications major
- 4-6 years of public relations experience, preferably in non-for-profit sector
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven project management skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to be proactive vs. reactive
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines
- Professional demeanor and appearance
- In the midst of a mature walk with Jesus Christ and able to articulate belief
How to apply:
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of this position to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Buffalo City Mission, Attn: Human Resources, 100 E. Tupper St., Buffalo, NY 14203. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Please note the selected candidate will be required to submit to a drug screen and a background check. Buffalo City Mission is an EEO employer.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Sales and Marketing CoordinatorCRISTA Ministries
- Shoreline, Washington
- October 26
Work from Home-Member SpecialistAmeriplan
- Any City or State, FT & PT, Based out of, Texas
- October 26
WriterFirst Liberty Institute
- Plano, Texas
- October 19
Executive Development Representative - HoustonThe Seed Company
- Houston, Texas
- October 12
Digital MarketerCRISTA Ministries
- Seattle, Washington
- October 4
Buffalo City Mission
Our Mission Statement Buffalo City Mission exists to meet the spiritual and practical needs of the poor through the demonstration of the love and preaching of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Our Vision Buffalo City Mission’s vision is to restore hope to the homeless and hurting of Western New York. We provide emergency shelter and nourishing meals to thousands of homeless men, women and children. But we don’t believe that’s enough. With the strengths of our Men’s Center and our new state-of-the-art shelter for women and children More...