Salem Media Group is a leading broadcaster of religious programming and informative talk. The company owns and operates commercial radio stations in major markets throughout the United States. Salem Media Group owns five radio stations in the
area including AM 860 THE ANSWER WGUL, AM 930 THE ANSWER WLSS, Faith Talk 570 and 910 AM WTBN, and Radio Luz 760 AM WLCC.
Salem Media Group is looking for an outgoing, self-motivated, and organized professional to represent our cluster of radio stations at public events. The Promotions Assistant will aid in developing and executing promotional initiatives to include,
but not limited to, planning events for all stations and efforts in marketing the stations to new audiences. This includes clerical duties, researching new events, listener relations, setting up and working events, and other various tasks handed down
Role and Responsibilities
- Assists with the setup and on-site event coordination of live broadcasting remotes and other station events in order to represent the station(s) in a professional manner and communicate the message and vision of the company.
- Collects promotional supplies and materials for on-site remotes and events in order to insure that the stations have proper equipment in place to facilitate a smooth-running event and to assure that adequate materials are on hand for promotional
- Completes a site survey before the event in order to prepare for on-site promotions and remotes.
- Sets up radio station displays and promotional materials at events in order to attract public attention to the message of the company.
- Breaks down radio station displays and collects all materials at the conclusion of events in order to remove company property from the event site. Returns radio station displays and leftover promotional materials following the event to the main
building and placed in the proper storage location.
- Provides a post event recap via pictures posted on our station websites and/or online social media pages in order to better promote the highlights of the event.
- Research new and innovative events to promote all of the stations in our cluster.
- Assists and maintains the promotional and vehicle calendar through Microsoft Outlook.
- Assists with the organization and tracking of the promotions inventory including prize items and printed materials.
- Ensures that station vehicle(s) are gassed and cleaned before/after events and fully stocked with marketing/promotional items.
- Special projects as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Ideal candidate should be a high school graduate; prefer 2 years of college/university education or equivalent work experience.
- Ideal candidate should be a self-starter, highly motivated, and organized
- Must be dependable, a quick learner, easily adapt to change, and outgoing
- Should display clean and groomed appearance, professionalism and enthusiasm when representing the company
- Computer Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet Explorer and familiarity with social networking websites. Desire some experience with Adobe Photoshop and In Design (but not required).
- A valid driver’s license is a must
- Must have the physical capacity to lift up to 50 pounds as required