Job Title: Long-Term Mobilization Coordinator/ Administrative Assistant to the Executive Director of Mobilization
Location: ABWE Headquarters, Harrisburg PA
Job Type: Full-Time, Paid-Hourly, Non-Exempt, $16.50 - $17.00 per hour.
Supervisor: Executive Director of Mobilization
Supervisory Responsibility: None
Mission/Vision: To make disciples among every people group on earth by sharing the story of hope we in Jesus Christ, building communities of faith and serving the world with love.
Job Summary/Primary Role: If you’ve ever dreamed of a job that pays the bills and has
an eternal impact, we have an immediate job opening for you. We’re looking for someone who can assist future missionaries through our application process and help them get to the
mission field so we can continue to expand God’s Kingdom.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Serves as a first contact for potential missionaries interested in joining ABWE.
• Processes Long-Term missionary applications.
• Schedules doctrinal interviews for Long-Term applicants.
• Plans, prepares, and coordinates biannual Candidate Seminars (8 days each) under the supervision of the Executive Director of Mobilization.
• Assists the Executive Director of Mobilization in administrative needs including managing the Mobilization Department.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Associate's degree required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Minimum Prior Experience Required: Must have 2+ years of experience in an administrative support capacity or related field. Missions experience is a plus but not a requirement.
Certification/Licensure Required: None
• Joy-filled faith rooted in Jesus Christ.
• Strong computer skills including intermediate knowledge of MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
• Detail-oriented and organized. Exhibits great time management.
• Takes initiative and anticipates needs.
• Strong relationship skills including excellent telephone and email etiquette.
• Energetic and deadline oriented.
• Able to maintain information and documents that are confidential in nature.
• Strong communication skills.
• Able to work alone or in a team environment.
Christian Life: As an employee of ABWE you are an important member of a Christian organization, and because of the nature of our ministry it is necessary that employees maintain a lifestyle, character and conduct that is consistant with
All ABWE employees must:
1. Be a current and active member and/or regular attendee of a local, like-minded church.
2. Be able to fully support ABWE's mission, vision, core values, doctrinal statement, and ministry philosophy.
3. Be a participant in morning staff prayer time.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations, including long periods of time sitting at a desk. The work environment is representative and typical of similar
jobs in comparable organizations. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time; talk or hear; perform fine motor, hand and finger skills in the use of a keyboard, telephone, or writing. The employee
is frequently required to stand; walk; and reach with arms and/or hands. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will spend their time in an office environment with a moderate
to high noise level. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Dated: May 2015
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: In order to be considered for this position, do not apply through this website. Please send the following items to email@example.com. In the subject line of the email, include your name and the position.
• Resume and cover letter
• One-page testimony including the name of your local church
• Salary requirements
Visit www.abwe.org/jobs for more information.
ABOUT ABWE: ABWE was founded in 1927 as a ministry dedicated to fulfilling the command of Christ by sending out missionaries to take the good news of salvation to the ends of the earth.
Dr. Raphael Thomas, a graduate of Harvard Medical College, heard D.L. Moody challenge students to obey the command of Christ to take the gospel to every ethnic group. He committed his life to that cause and became ABWE’s first missionary.
Through the years, ABWE has partnered with more than 4,000 like-minded, baptistic churches to serve 1,000 missionaries serving in more than 60 countries around the world. Our International Administration and Training Center located near Harrisburg, PA employs
close to 100 full-time and part-time staff members.