The Assistant Director should be first and foremost a mature, committed Christian with a history of attendance at a local Bible Believing, Grace Orientated Church. In addition, they must have a background in basic accounting, bookkeeping and administration.
Any experience with an ACE school would be a big plus. It is essential that the individual sees this position as the Call of God for their lives. As a calling, the individual would be serving as a missionary with MissionMexico and serving
in direct contact with the director. The individual must be willing to make a minimum of a 5 year commitment to the ministry and school. They must be committed to attending Antioch church as their local church. They must live within a 15 minute distance to
The long term goal is to transition in the director position
The following responsibilities are a general outline of their immediate responsibilities.
Assist the director in achieving the goals of the ministry by implementing their instructions and performing to the best of your ability the tasks assigned to them. With that in mind the Assistant Director will function as a supervisor of the various departments
to insure that the goals and standards of each department are being achieved. These departments include supporting the finance office, overseeing the operation of the school, property condition and maintenance, supervision of various outreaches and leadership
of short term teams. In addition, the assistant director will be responsible for all details pertaining to short term teams and board visits, maintenance of all communications i.e. ministry website, Twitter, Facebook and ministry email accounts.
In the absence of the director the assistant director with serve as acting director and assume all responsibilities for the ministry.
- Daily supervise the arrival of students and parents. Interact with the students and parents on a personal level. Strive to maintain a positive, professional relationship with each family.
- Receive monthly payments and return tuition receipts to the parents while maintaining an up to date record of student accounts.
- Communicating with the Director of Finance any necessary information to insure that accounts are current.
- Insure that all student and or parent written communications delivered, returned and signed.
- Daily inspect the general nature of the main ministry base to include both the interior space as well as the exterior areas adjacent to the property.
- Insure that all vehicles are in safe operational conditional
- Meet with the maintenance personal and any other workers on the property
- Review all maintenance records and storage areas
- Assigned other team members to help as needed
- Schedule and coordinate all evangelistic outreaches
- Insure that all materials needed for the outreach are available
- Maintain adequate supplies of outreach materials
- Assign the individuals responsibilities to outreach members
- Coordinate with the local church or ministry the logistics of the outreach
- Supervise the outreach
- Insure adequate follow up on attendees
Short term teams
- Oversee all aspects of the short term team program in cooperation with the Director Missions For Life
- Assist the Director of Missions For Life as needed in communicating with the short term team leader.
- Oversee all ministry responsibilities with the short term team leader from arrival to departure.
- Insure that all facilities are in order to receive the teams.
- Commitment to the MissionMexico and the established Vison and Values of the ministry
- Strong managerial experience preferably in ministry and or non-profit management or relevant field
- Five years progressive work experience with a ministry or missions with preference for previous experience with international missions or short term mission sending agencies or as missions pastor
- Five years of management experience, including effective supervision of personnel and budgets.
- Solid communications skills with excellent social skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build and nurture teams; ability to lead effectively and enhance internal and external relationships, including board members, partners and donors.
- Proven leadership skills with a demonstrated ability to deliver results and translate words into action.
- Ability to work successfully and with utmost integrity and respect in a cross-cultural environment.
- Proficiency or demonstrated ability to learn technology including computer skills in Microsoft Word Programs, basic knowledge of donor software programs and web programs.
10. Willingness to perform other duties as assigned by the Director
Compensation: Room and Board plus stipend
Individual is responsible for raising their additional personal support. The ministry is available to help.
The Ministry website is www.MissionMexico.org