SUMMARY Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Marketing Manager will help to design, implement, and facilitate annual marketing strategies for The Dream Center and affiliated ministries. Working closely with the ministry leaders of The Dream Center and Angelus Temple, the Assistant Director of Marketing will help drive all marketing-related matters, creating and implementing an innovative and effective marketing plan integrated with other development and ministry efforts. The ideal candidate will thrive working within an entrepreneurial and results-driven environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Designing, implementing, and facilitating annual marketing strategies for the organization.
- Supporting and facilitating development and execution of marketing plans.
- Work with the Director of Marketing to develop a marketing strategy to facilitate development goals.
- Developing promotional materials, which include marketing print and collateral copies.
- Thorough understanding of branding principles and tactics through multimedia including the Web.
- Strong project management skills with demonstrated ability to multi-task and set priorities within tight timelines and high internal expectations.
- Flexible and open to changing priorities and managing multiple tasks simultaneously within compressed timeframes.
- Supervise and motivate volunteers and staff assigned to assist marketing related activity.
Competencies: The ideal candidate will be a highly driven individual with a passion for fundraising or sales and marketing and a sophisticated knowledge of the philanthropic community. He or she will have a track record of success in marketing, fundraising, excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience managing a small team and volunteers to achieve aggressive goals. Finally, he or she must be an individual who thrives as part of a highly motivated, committed team. Other qualifications:
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and excellent proofreading skills.
- Required computer skills: working knowledge of Internet, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat Reader, Dreamweaver, and WordPress. Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new software programs.
- Ability to work independently in deadline-sensitive environment.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position:
- Analytical—the individual synthesizes complex or diverse information.
- Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully. He/she approaches problems with a proactive, entrepreneurial style with the ability to take initiative, recognize opportunities, and develop and implement focused plans for executing on those opportunities.
- Oral and written communication—the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts meetings, and has an ability to communicate to various constituencies and work effectively with a variety of staff at all levels within the organization.
- Management skills—the individual includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; makes self available to volunteers; provides regular performance feedback; and develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth.
- Quality management—the individual looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Judgment—the individual displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment and makes timely decisions.
- Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently, and develops realistic action plans. The individual also demonstrates strong experience developing processes and protocols to ensure effective, efficient, accurate data management, donor follow-up and financial reporting.
- Team member – the individual is a strong team player, with willingness to be hands-on and do whatever it takes to support the success of the affiliated organizations.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum of two years of progressively responsible related experience in marketing, fundraising, and related development experience.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee incumbent in this position. Employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Fast-paced. Weekend and evening work may be required.
SALARY: Salary is commensurate with experience and will be discussed during the interview process.
WORK LOCATION: We are looking for an applicant who can work onsite at The Dream Center in Los Angeles, California.
INSTRUCTIONS: PLEASE SEND A COVER LETTER, RESUME AND PORTFOLIO LINK VIA EMAIL TO: email@example.com
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Work from Home-Member SpecialistAmeriplan
- Any City or State, FT & PT, Based out of, Texas
- October 26
WriterFirst Liberty Institute
- Plano, Texas
- October 19
Executive Development Representative - HoustonThe Seed Company
- Houston, Texas
- October 12
Digital MarketerCRISTA Ministries
- Seattle, Washington
- October 4
Elementary School Teachers in China - Still Interviewing!Academics In Asia
- China, Not Assigned
- July 4