Would you like to wake up every morning knowing that you work in an environment that reflects your personal values and advances your career goals? If this is you, Salem Media Group in Seattle believes you can achieve great things at Christian Teaching and Talk station KGNW 820AM, Business News Talk station KKOL 1300AM, Conservative talk and Freedom 1590 KLFE!
Position Title: Board Operator/ Show Host Assistant
Company: Salem Media Group is a leading broadcaster of religious programming and informative talk. The company owns and operates commercial radio stations in major markets throughout the Unites States. Salem is an Equal Opportunity employer.
Requirements and Personality traits:
Salem Media Group Seattle is seeking individuals who present an image of respect and professionalism to clients, co-workers and to the public. The ideal candidate will have working knowledge of audio automation systems, phone screener software, audio boards, audio recording equipment, ISDN and TELCO systems, and remote transmitter monitoring equipment. Candidate must be well organized, a team-player and have excellent communication and presentation skills, a positive attitude and a passion for our stations.
- Monitors cluster stations to ensure scheduled audio airs properly and within contractual time frame.
- Quickly responds to any observed automation/programming issues.
- Monitors transmitter status of all stations in cluster and take necessary action to correct any abnormal operation. This includes but is not limited to:
- alerting the Engineering Department of abnormal operation and cooperating with Engineering to quickly resolve the situation
- contacting FAA in the case of tower light outages (KGNW)
- Assists Engineering Department with equipment maintenance/repair when requested and approved by appropriate supervisor
- Assists local programmers with studio set up and operation as well as being available to answer questions regarding the correct operation of equipment. May include but is not limited to:
- Operation of sound board during live programming
- Screening and activating live calls
- Assisting host with preparing in-studio and remote guests for interview
- Some live voice interaction during program
- Editing pre-taped programs
- May be requested to assist with production/operation of station programs within scheduled hours of duty.
Station Host Assistant:
- Screen calls and run sound board for live show
- Assists program Host with contacting and scheduling guests
- May be asked to assist in preparing sound bites for in show use.
- Assists Programming/Production with creating current show promos
- Assists Operations/Programming in improving/maintaining show quality and content through constructive feedback and suggestions
- Will be responsible for updating Host page on station website and face book page
- Responsible for keeping appropriate staff (i.e. – promotions and sales) informed of upcoming guests and show events such as “Road Show”.
- Other related duties as assigned by Operations Manager
Compensation: $14 hr along with a full benefits package and a positive work environment.
This is a Hourly, Non-Exempt position
Contact: Apply On-line at www.salemmedia.com/careers
Search for the position of interest and click on the link.
The application is located at the bottom of the page.
You will also be able to attach your resume and cover letter.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Operations Manager -Louisville, KYSalem Media Group
- Louisville, Kentucky
- October 25
News Reporter-Greenville, SCSalem Media Group
- Greenville, South Carolina
- October 21
Sales Marketing Assistant-Glendale, CASalem Media Group
- Glendale, California
- October 21
Radio Sales Account Executive-Dallas, TXSalem Media Group
- Dallas, Texas
- October 19
Christian Financial Radio/TV Co-HostPrivate Profile
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- October 19
Salem Media Group
Salem Media Group is America’s leading radio broadcaster, Internet content provider, and magazine and book publisher targeting audiences interested in Christian and family-themed content and conservative values. In addition to its radio properties, Salem owns Salem Radio Network, which syndicates talk, news and music programming to approximately 2,000 affiliates; Salem Radio Representatives, a national radio advertising sales force; Salem Web Network, a leading Internet provider of Christian content and online streaming; and Salem Publ More...