Mercy Ships is seeking an experienced IS Network Engineer who is motivated by our mission of bringing hope and healing to the forgotten poor. Ideally, this staff member will work at our Interational Operations Center (IOC) in Lindale, Texas.
However, Mercy Ships will consider a candidate for this position who can only work remotely, assuming that person has a high skill level and can travel to the IOC as needed.
As a Network Engineer you will architect, design, implement and support advanced technology solutions specific to Cisco, Microsoft and VMware. You will assist in security design, process development, new implementations and troubleshooting. You will complete assigned projects including providing analysis, design, development, implementation, testing, monitoring, maintenance and production support.
Successful candidates of the Network Engineer positions will have a positive attitude with strong communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to work with little supervision.
This role requires a minimum of 3 years network and server support experience.
You must have experience working with Cisco and VMWare solutions.
Other requirements of the Network Engineer position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or related degree from a two or four year college or university, preferred or equivalent work experience
- Technical and strategic understanding of servers, storage and networking technologies
- Expertise in switching, routing and security
- Experience with IP routing protocols and the ability to troubleshoot Cisco IOS
- Microsoft MCSE and Cisco CCNA/CCNP a plus -Experience in Cisco wireless a plus
If you are looking for a career with an organization that makes a difference in the world and would like more information, please email your resume along with salary expectations to email@example.com
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
For more than 30 years, Mercy Ships and its committed partners and volunteers have followed the model of Jesus to bring hope and healing to the world’s poor one life, one community and one nation at a time.More...