This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Worship & Music Staff
Crossroads Community Church / Cornerstone School
Vancouver, Washington, United States
Date Posted: 09/07/2006
Job Type: Full-Time
Worship & Music Staff Job Opening
Not your average job description! Why? Because this opportunity isnt average in any way. Crossroads Community Church has an opening for a full time Worship & Music Staff position in our Worship Office.
Challenge, fast pace, and multi-tasking are just some of the fundamentals of this experience. We are looking for next-level candidates who are ready to fully engage in an organic, people-focused, Christ-centered church staff environment.
Crossroads Community Church is a large, established church in Vancouver, Washington.
Crossroads is a Calvary Chapel affiliated ministry, led by Senior Pastor Bill Ritchie. We have an excellent music ministry that is closely tied into a creative core that includes a commercial recording studio (www.crossroadsproductions.net), along with ministries such as video, sound,
lighting, graphic design, and web design, among others.
Detailed Job Description
This position on our Worship Staff is a support position to the existing worship leader, as part of the Crossroads worship ministry. This position provides high-level support by working hand-in-hand with worship teams and music-related projects. The job includes being a regular part of the worship leading nucleus, playing acoustic & electric guitar as a regular part of the worship leading team,
creating auxiliary support tracks that are played from ProTools during worship gatherings, and training and supporting volunteer guitar and bass players that lead worship throughout Crossroads ministries and small groups. Although this positions job tasks are key, this Worship & Music Staff personality understands it takes flexibility, energy, optimism and tenacity to overcome challenges that are sure to arise.
We are looking for a person who has the following character traits:
1. This person is a Bible-believing follower of Christ, living a life called to serve the Lord Jesus Christ and His Church.
2. This person lives a life that loves others, as Paul talks about in Romans 12:10: "Show family affection to one another with brotherly love. Outdo one another in showing honor." (HCSB)
3. This person works well within a team environment. They enjoy contributing to a creative team, especially as it relates to music and worship.
4. This person enjoys working with volunteers, and is comfortable connecting with people in small, medium, and large group situations.
5. This person works well under the leadership of the church, and specifically under the worship leader at Crossroads.
6. This person does not have a goal to be "the man," graduating to one day lead the Crossroads worship ministry on their own. Instead, they look forward to however they can fit in and contribute to what God is doing through many worship leaders at Crossroads.
7. This person communicates effectively with co-workers and volunteers, so that nothing is left unsaid that needs to be said, and nothing is left unclear that needs to be clarified.
8. At the end of the day, this person understands church worship is not just about the vibe, the music, or the worship experience...its about God and what Hes doing in and through His people through every facet of ministry at Crossroads.
9. This person is able to support Calvary Chapel theological positions.
10. This person is fun to hang out with.
We are looking for a person who has the following skills:
1. This person is comfortable and experienced leading worship in front of large churches.
2. This person can, if needed, effectively lead a band rehearsal.
3. This person can sing well, in a contemporary style, and can do it while playing guitar.
4. This person can learn new worship songs.
5. This person can read charts.
6. This person can play acoustic and electric guitar. Bass is an added bonus.
7. This person can run a ProTools rig (or similar) at a functional level. They can create tracks that support a live worship set, including drums/percussion, BGVs, pads/B3, etc. (Example trax are available upon request.)
8. This person enjoys songwriting. They do not necessarily write finished songs day in and day out, but they are used to and enjoy collaborating and working on songs with other writers.
Applicants should send a resume, list of references, examples of their work and salary expectations to:
Crossroads Community Church
Attention Jason Ritchie
7708 NE 78th St.
Vancouver, WA 98642
Or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Important: please note that although we appreciate each and every applicants efforts, we cannot respond personally to every resume. Know that if there is interest in further discussions with an applicant, every effort will be made to get in touch with those applicants as soon as possible.
Keywords: worship leader, recording studio, guitar player, vocalist, music ministry.