This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Crossroads Community Church / Cornerstone School
Vancouver, Washington, United States
Date Posted: 09/07/2006
Job Type: Full-Time
Financial Administrator Job Opening
Not your average job description! Why? Because this opportunity isnt average in any way.
Crossroads Community Church has an opening for a full time Financial Administrator in our Accounting Office.
Challenge, fast pace, and multi-tasking are just some of the fundamentals of this experience. We are looking for next-level candidates who are ready to fully engage in an organic, people-focused, Christ-centered church staff environment.
Crossroads Community Church is a large, established church in Vancouver, Washington.
Crossroads is a Calvary Chapel affiliated ministry, led by Senior Pastor Bill Ritchie. We have an Accounting Department that supports our ministries including our church, school, bookstore, restaurant, and commercial recording studio.
Detailed Job Description
This position in our Accounting Department oversees our clerks and works hand-in-hand with our Executive Pastor, providing high-level support for our ministries and outreaches.
Although this positions job tasks are key, this Accounting Department person understands it takes flexibility, energy, optimism and tenacity to overcome challenges that are sure to arise in a large, active church ministry.
We are looking for a person who has the following character traits:
1. This person is a Bible-believing follower of Christ, living a life called to serve the Lord Jesus Christ and His Church.
2. This person has high moral standards and Godly attributes associated with spiritual leadership.
3. This person lives a life that loves others, as Paul talks about in Romans 12:10: "Show family affection to one another with brotherly love. Outdo one another in showing honor." (HCSB)
4. This person works well within a team environment. They enjoy contributing to and working with an accounting team, and alongside ministries.
5. This person enjoys working with people, and is comfortable connecting with people in small, medium, and large group situations.
6. This person works well under the leadership of the church, and specifically under the Executive Pastor at Crossroads, and is committed to the vision of the church.
7. This person looks forward to however they can fit in and contribute to what God is doing through ministries at Crossroads.
8. This person communicates effectively with co-workers and volunteers, so that nothing is left unsaid that needs to be said, and nothing is left unclear that needs to be clarified.
9. At the end of the day, this person understands working in a church is not just about the job...its about God and what Hes doing in and through His people through every facet of ministry at Crossroads. And they love to be a part of that work.
10. This person is able to support Calvary Chapel theological positions.
We require the following technical skills:
1. This person has strong organizational skills, including the ability to plan and prioritize both their schedule and the Accounting Departments schedule.
2. This person is proficient in the office equipment and software that is typical to this kind of job position.
3. This person has a comprehensive working knowledge of accounting methods and procedures, and is able to communicate these principles effectively.
4. This person has strong written and verbal communication skills.
This job is responsible for overseeing:
1. Tithes and Offerings.
2. Cash Receipts from all ministries, school, and bookstore/caf
4. Check registers
5. Bank reconciliations
7. Financial Statements
This job works as part of a team to accomplish:
2. Financially-related presentations to boards or leadership teams
3. Helping ministries understand how to effectively manage funds, including using appropriate software tools.
Applicants should send a resume, list of references, examples of their work and salary
Crossroads Community Church
Attention: Anne Tuttle
7708 NE 78th St.
Vancouver, WA 98642
Or email to: email@example.com
Important: please note that although we appreciate each and every applicants efforts, we cannot respond personally to every resume. Know that if there is interest in further discussions with an applicant, every effort will be made to get in touch with those applicants as soon as possible.
keywords: CFO, CPA, accounting manager, chief financial officer