Title: Embroidery Production Manager
Location: Somerset, KY
NewLife Industries, Inc is currently seeking an Embroidery Production Manager. This position’s main functions are to: schedule and administer all Embroidery operations; identify and resolve quality related issues during production; ensure that production meets its deadlines and as requested by the customer; and be responsible for the implementation of all policies and procedures as they pertain to Embroidery Department personnel.
This position requires an organized team leader who will work well with others and knows how to problem solve and schedule jobs accordingly.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure proper operation of department equipment; request maintenance assistance when necessary
- Maintain an orderly and clean work environment
- Develop daily, weekly, and monthly key production / productivity measurements
- Set expectations for the Embroidery Department
- Verify monthly budget for accuracy; analyze monthly budget and adjusting as necessary: Investigate discrepancies and re-class entries accordingly. Bear responsibility and accountability for meeting departmental budget goals
- Enforce company attendance policies; keep accurate records of each individual’s attendance / tardy records
- Regularly demonstrate NewLife’s Vision and Values
- Exhibit quality by being accurate and thorough while continuously looking for ways to improve and promote quality
- Encourage safety procedures by using equipment and materials properly and report potentially unsafe conditions; oversee departmental adherence to these procedures
- Responsible for training and performance of department personnel
- Conduct employee performance review process
Experience and Qualifications
Qualifying applicants must meet the minimum requirements below:
- At least one year of supervisory level or higher experience in an embroidery production environment.
- Have experience with Tajima sewing machines, digitizing, tackle twill and puff embroidery.
- Intermediate knowledge of computers including proficiency with Word and Excel.
- Bi-lingual (English & Spanish) is preferred
- Demonstrated flexibility- adapts to a changing work environment while meeting company and department milestones
- Must be able to handle multiple projects at once
- Detail oriented with strong communication and follow-through skills
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
Background check and drug test will be performed before hiring.
The requirements listed below are representative of the requisite background required to adequately perform the functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Sitting, verbal and written communications with customers and coworkers, key boarding, data entry and filing are continuously required activities of this position.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Full benefits package: health insurance, life insurance, 401k, paid time off, employee savings program, and employee wellness program.
Position is full-time salary. Employee will be expected to work more than 40-45 hours, or more if needed to meet deadlines.
Salary will be determined by prior work experience and success in the Embroidery Production field.
Qualified candidates should submit cover letters, resumes and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Company:
Mr. Richard Humble, a resident of Somerset, KY, created NewLife Industries from his duplex apartment basement and has continued to successfully build the company for the last thirty-five years. Today, NewLife Industries incorporates 39,000 square feet of office and manufacturing area.
Through the years, NewLife has grown from a small custom print shop to a nationally known, full-service screen print, appliqué and embroidery house. NewLife incorporates its own marketing department which includes numerous designers, programmers and technical personnel as well as 90 plus full-time employees in other departments throughout the company.
NewLife will be one of only a few apparel companies in the nation that can offer cutting edge screen print, screen print/appliqué combination, and embroidered apparel. Clients include numerous fortune 500 companies as well as tens of thousands of smaller corporations and non-profits.
NewLife Industries is comprised by several affiliate brand names, including NewLifeShopper, NewLifePatriot, WorkPlacePro, Better Life, and EarthDayShirts brand apparel.
- NewLife Shopper® is one of the leading providers of Christian inspired t-shirts and apparel within the United States.
- WorkPlacePro® was established in 2004 as a one-stop-shop for promotional occupational apparel. From Breast Cancer Awareness to Firemen to Teachers, designs are created for an array of professional fields.
- Better Life® was established in 2008 to celebrate the things people do, that make lives better. Better Life has a commitment to exceptional customer service, superior quality products and outstanding value.
- EarthDayShirts® is proud to be one of America’s premier manufacturers and designers of Earth Day t-shirts for industry, environmental organizations, communities and schools.
- NewLifePatriot® is America’s first stop for patriotic t-shirts and embroidered apparel. NewLife Patriot specializes in unique nationalistic designs celebrating our country and those who have served and are serving.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Regional Director, MidwestChildren's Hunger Fund
- Homewood, Illinois
- October 27
Group Program Directors Needed – Work from Home!AHLI
- Headquartered in Lancaster, Pennsylvania
- October 22
Assistant Office ManagerThe Mailbox Club
- Valdosta, Georgia
- October 10
Assistant Technical Services ManagerThe Mailbox Club
- Valdosta, Georgia
- October 10
Senior Accounting ManagerTri Star Sports & Entertainment Group
- Nashville, Tennessee
- October 7