The Major Gifts Officer works closely with the Associate Executive Director to develop and implement strategy for individual major gift donor relationship; fund raising initiatives for Capital Campaign and future initiatives for planned giving to meet short
and long-term goals for the organization. The primary objective of the Major Gifts Officer is to develop long-term relationships built on a firm understanding of donor’s philanthropic interest, passions and values.
The successful candidate will be responsible for soliciting gifts of $5,000 and higher from donors, supporters and friends of the organization. It is understood that initial assignments will have a history of making gifts to the organization of $1,000 to
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, Full time position. Some nights, weekends and holidays may be required as needed.
- Manage a portfolio of primary prospects, create, integrate and implement short, intermediate and long-term individual major gift donors.
- Develop strategic funding requests based on short, intermediate, and long-term funding goals of the organization for high net worth individuals.
- Act as primary relationship manager for individual and private foundation prospects of $10,000 or more/year to reach or exceed annual funding goals.
- Manage relationship process for individual major gift donors including prospect solicitation, briefings with primary relationship managers.
- Cultivate and expand current giving by planned gift donors and integrate planned gift objectives into major individual donor requests in collaboration with Director of Individual Partnerships.
- In the first 90 days the Advisor is to engage in relationships with approximately 50 current donors and will be expected to identify, qualify, cultivate, and solicit major gifts. At the conclusion of the initial 90 days the portfolio will be expanded to
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent.
- 3-5+ years of nonprofit fundraising experience, preferably with capital campaign, major gift experience and planned giving;
- Demonstrated ability to meet financial goals for major gift giving;
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively;
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and work with minimal supervision;
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office Suite computer skills;
- Professional attitude and appearance;
- In the midst of a mature walk with Jesus Christ and able to articulate belief.
How to apply:
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of this position to email@example.com or by mail to Buffalo City Mission, Attn: Human Resources, 100 E. Tupper St., Buffalo, NY 14203. While we sincerely
appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Please note the selected candidate will be required to submit to a drug screen and a background check. Buffalo City Mission is an EEO employer.