Executive Administrative & Communications Assistant
Hamilton Strategies is expanding and looking for an extremely organized self-starter who is highly motivated, resourceful, energetic, an excellent writer and detailed to perform the following duties:
- Specialized and routine executive administrative and communications assistant duties which often require independent judgment; maintains daily communication with staff and vendors and clients as needed;
- Organize office workflow, systematize procedures and keep staff members connected through calendaring schedules and maintaining daily, weekly, monthly and annual staff and client event, media and PR campaign calendars;
- Conserves executive's time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information;
- Prepares all routine correspondence, news releases, presentations including Power Point, proposals, reports, charts, graphs, and spreadsheets on regular basis; assists with client reports and communications; coordinates and executes special projects; preparation
and production of media contracts;
- Develops advanced presentation materials; prioritizes and resolves inquiries (phone, e-mail, in person); contact (written, email, verbal and occasionally in person) with media and vendors across U.S.;
- Welcomes guests and customers by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries; daily phone communications with media, vendors, and other organizations;
- Trouble-shoots minor technical problems; Internet research; prepares/assists with invoices for client billing;
- Assists with agenda preparation; arranges meeting facilities; assists with event coordination;
- Updates and manages files, computer, contacts and databases; assists with set up of task systems; updates mail/phone directories;
- Seeks greater role in managing projects within administrative and other areas of competence; recommends management action to improve standard operating procedures & presents comparisons on costs, risks, and benefits;
- Takes initiative on requests and inquiries of administrative nature; performs other administrative duties as needed.
Minimum 3 years of strong administrative/communications assistant experience, preferably in a PR, advertising or marketing firm
Excellent academic record; college degree preferred (or scheduled graduation date)
Computer Skills Required: Expert in Microsoft Office Systems and Tools (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, Publisher), HTML code writing, Access & SQL databases, Adobe.
Excellent proof-reading, writing, grammar, spelling skills and phone skills..
Ability to calculate figures and amounts for media placement values and billing.
Occasional lifting and/or moving items up to 25 pounds during events, filing, organizing the office, etc.
Flexibility, teachable spirit, excellent interpersonal skills, positive outlook, pleasant disposition and a demonstrated team player.
Deborah Hamilton at DHamilton@HamiltonStrategies.com.
Hamilton Strategies is a boutique public relations firm in the Philadelphia area. Since our founding, the firm has carved out a niche in public policy advocacy and Christian ministry-related organizations and we skillfully work with faith-based and secular
media to represent local, national and international organizations. We bring our clients over 50 years of strategic communications experience advancing traditional family, marriage, education and religious issues and causes that affect our nation. Hamilton
Strategies offers a generous benefits package.
Learn more about us: