Director of Social Media for Salem Media Group of Portland
KPDQ 93.9 FM • KPDQ True Talk 800 AM - Your Home for Faith and Family Christian Teaching and Talk at www.kpdq.com & www.truetalk800.com
KFIS-FM 104.1 The Fish – Safe for the Whole Family Contemporary Christian Music at Thefishportland.com
KRYP 93.1 FM – El Rey La Autoridad de Musica Mexicana Regional Mexican Music at www.931elrey.com
- The job of the Director of Social Media is to live in the social media world as the ambassador for Salem Media Group of Portland and its clients.
- Create and post engaging sharable content across all platforms to promote the organizations.
- Engage in conversations with followers and respond to all inquiries on social sites.
- Create ways for users to connect to the station or the business to build a sense of community.
- Host training seminars for staff, clients and area business on social media topics.
- Daily management of all social media platforms for Salem Media Group of Portland and its clients.
- For each station: 3-4 posts on Facebook and twitter (not necessarily the same content), updates to sub-pages.
- For clients: depending on the business and the contract anywhere from 1-4 posts a day across all platforms.
- Weekly reports to clients to show progress.
- Train the sales team on social media and assist them with selling the service to their clients.
- Work with station staff to promote events and promotions and attend events to post live.
- Film and edit videos as needed to promote station events and showcase clients.
- Weekly research on the latest trends in social media.
- Bachelors degree in communication, Public Relations, advertising or related field and 3-5 years’ experience in a related field of work.
- Experience in all major social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Google+, YouTube and professional blog sites.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator as well as basic video editing capabilities preferred.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and the ability to multi-task are a must.
If you possess these qualification and Salem Media Group sounds like the company for you, go to salemmedia.com , click on the “Careers” tab. There you will be able to search for the job listing you are interested in. Click on the desired listing, open it
Salem Media Group Radio Stations are Equal Opportunity Employers.