This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Database Administrator / Software Developer
Home School Legal Defense Assoc (HSLDA)-IT Dept
Purcellville, Virginia, United States
Date Posted: 12/05/2006
Job Type: Full-Time
Experienced database administrator/software developer needed to maintain database and telecommunications technology plus develop and support supplemental applications. This hands-on position requires experience in the following:
- Database administration of Microsoft SQL Server (2000 and 2005).
- Experience in SQL backups/restores, tuning, and maintenance.
- Experience in database design and construction including table design, stored procedures, views, etc.
- Experience in supporting/interfacing with 3rd party large system/database applications.
- Microsoft Visual Studio using VB
- Microsoft Composite Application Blocks
- Third party custom controls
- Third party VBA and API calls.
- SOAP and XML
- General Knowledge of PC Hardware troubleshooting and repair (desktops, laptops, printers, etc)
- General Knowledge of PC desktop application support (Microsoft Office and other third party applications)
- General Knowledge of Networking knowledge (Windows Server 2003, TCP/IP, Ethernet, Internet Filtering, Anti-virus/Internet Security)
- General knowledge of Telephone Technology.
- Membership, accounting, and/or fund-raising software experience a plus.
Must have a minimum of 5 years experience in Microsoft VB/VB.NET and Microsoft SQL Server. Must have excellent interpersonal skills and work well under pressure. Position reports to Database Manager. Normal working hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30a-5:00p.
Must be a dedicated Christian and have a demonstrated commitment to homeschooling. HSLDA offers excellent benefits and a salary commensurate with experience.
Send resume to:
HSLDA, Attn: Bill Bloom
Director of Technology Services
One Patrick Henry Circle
Purcellville, VA 20132
Or, fax to (540) 338-7713 or send by email
Note: Fax and email resumes must be followed up with a mailed copy.