This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Southern Metal Products
FL, Florida, United States
Date Posted: 04/02/2007
Job Type: Full-Time
To examine a sampling of invoices processed to ensure proper matching of purchasing and receiving documents, proper distribution to general ledger expense accounts, timely and accurate payments that make full use of available discounts, and proper filing and storage of records.
1. Supervises matching of invoices with purchase orders and receiving documents.
2. Prepares guidelines for proper coding of invoices to general ledger expense accounts and updates to inventory records.
3. Monitors cash flow reports and checks to ensure that all discounts are taken and that accurate and timely payments are made.
4. Reviews checks and vouchers to verify proper payments before signature by controller.
5. Reconciles subsidiary vendors' ledger with accounts payable total and with general ledger.
6. Prepares general ledger entries as required to correct errors.
7. Supervises timely and accurate preparation of purchase journals and budget reports.
8. Makes sure payables clerk has obtained EINs or SSNs of all vendors so that 1099's can be sent at year's end.
9. Supervises to see that a proper record is kept of purchases subject to state use tax in preparation for periodic audits by state inspectors.
10. Supervises proper filing and storage of records in case of federal or state income tax audit.
11. Supervises training of new accounts payables clerks, assigns specific duties, and carries out performance appraisals.
1. Bachelor's degree, with accounting or business administration major and one year's experience in an accounting office, or:
2. Three to four years of computerized accounting experience
3. Good organizational and analytical skills as well as an ability to motivate and communicate effectively with staff.
Abel to work over time as needed