POSITION TITLE: Executive Assistant
POSITION REPORTS TO: CEO and COO
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION: Office of the President
STATUS: Full-Time, Salaried, Exempt
The Executive Assistant position exists to provide administrative support to the organization’s CEO and to supervise the staff who work in the Office of the President under the general supervision of the COO.
- Judgment: Assists and relieves executive of a variety of complex administrative duties; utilizes independent judgment, determining when to act for executive and when to refer problems for personal attention.
- Mail/Correspondence: Screens incoming mail, both internal and external; answers or refers to other managers for appropriate distribution of correspondence not requiring executive’s personal handling; alerts executive of mail which requires immediate attention. Compiles and analyzes requested information; drafts replies and/or transcribes correspondence for signature.
- Reports: Checks, prepares, corrects and/or summarizes reports, records and correspondence.
- Telephone calls and follow up: Places, receives, and refers telephone calls to appropriate personnel; responds to highly diversified inquiries from management, employees, constituents, and the general public; regularly interfaces with other agencies outside the ministry to exchange information, answer inquiries, act on problems, and secure cooperation or approval on action to be taken; follows up to ensure that responses have been adequate.
- Calendar: Maintains executive calendar by planning and scheduling meetings, appointments, events, phone calls, conferences, teleconferences and travel.
- Travel arrangements: Manages all travel arrangements (personal and business), documentation and trip folders, and follow up reports for CEO. Acts as back up for other family members’ travel planning as needed.
- Hospitality: Welcomes invited guests to Executive Offices and extends world-class hospitality to everyone, in person or on the telephone.
- Computer: Operates and inputs data into computer terminals, utilizing existing software; performs computer inquiries and generates computer reports.
- Operates independently in absence of CEO; assists and advises him on problems; sorts correspondence, mail and matters by order of priority for immediate action upon his return.
- Serves as liaison between CEO and others; follows up with him to ensure a timely response to projects and assignments.
- Oversees Office of the President: Oversees all work and schedules of other staff in the Office of the President, including hiring, disciplining, and handling performance evaluations.
- Integrity: Displays the ability to safeguard the ministry’s integrity when handling confidential information.
- Performs personal assistance to the President as requested.
- Travels occasionally during the week and/or on weekends.
- Performs other duties as assigned, which may include duties of lower level job grades.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE:
- Character/Spiritual: Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ; maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of the Ministry; adheres to the Standard of Moral Conduct and Statement of Faith; upholds Family Talk’s ministry in prayer. Demonstrates behaviors aligned with Family Talk’s core values.
- Education: B.A degree preferred, or specialized training/experience equivalent to three years of college.
- Experience: Minimum of five years of experience in an executive/administrative support role, and at least two years experience with supervisory responsibility.
- In-depth knowledge of Family Talk’s mission, philosophy, values, and objectives.
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND SPECIAL TALENTS:
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally (both oral and written), especially when directing other personnel; frequently interfaces with individuals in high-level executive and government positions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Extremely detail-oriented.
- Ability to act with complete discretion, courtesy, and tact required when dealing with individuals on the telephone or in person.
- Ability to establish and maintain rapport with various levels of staff across the ministry.
- Ability to respond appropriately to employees, constituents, and executive management, especially during high-pressure situations.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment, handle multiple projects and to adjust priorities accordingly.
- Good mathematical and analytical skills to develop and monitor systems.
- Good leadership capabilities to coordinate administrative workflow.
- Type 65 wpm.
- Proficient in the use of computer software, especially Microsoft Office products Word and Excel.
- Shorthand or equivalent transcription ability is preferred.
- Willingness to work extended hours when needed.
- Displays the ability to safeguard the ministry’s integrity when handling confidential information.
- Familiarity with most general office equipment.
- Willingness and ability to work extended hours or be “on call” outside regular work hours on occasion.
- Must be extremely flexible, able to adapt to a fast-paced and ever-changing work environment.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to work in a general office environment.
- Requires walking up and down stairs, some lifting, sitting, and working at a computer.
- Interacting with others for information gathering, training and feedback.
- Requires frequent local travel for errands, events, and meetings during the week as well as some weekends.
- May include occasional national travel.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. The incumbent must have the abilities or aptitudes to perform each essential function proficiently with or without reasonable accommodation. The ministry is a dynamic work environment where positions evolve and change. Therefore, the ministry reserves the right to modify, delete or add job duties, responsibilities and skills that are stated in the job description at any time.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
News Reporter-Greenville, SCSalem Media Group
- Greenville, South Carolina
- October 21
Sales Marketing Assistant-Glendale, CASalem Media Group
- Glendale, California
- October 21
Radio Sales Account Executive-Dallas, TXSalem Media Group
- Dallas, Texas
- October 19
Christian Financial Radio/TV Co-HostPrivate Profile
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- October 19
Advertising Sales Consultant-Omaha, NESalem Media Group
- Omaha, Nebraska
- October 18
Dr. James Dobson’s Family Talk is a ministry that encourages and equips families by strengthening and reinvigorating marriages, guiding and encouraging parents, being a voice for unborn children and the sanctity of life, standing firm for morality and righteousness in our culture, and pointing people to the gospel of Jesus Christ. We do this through the daily radio broadcast and numerous other media and communications, including a monthly newsletter, dozens of books, blogs, articles, videos, online resources, social media an More...